Canon T3 worth the Buy

I just recently purchased a Canon T3 to shoot some short films and do minor photography. i haven't really had time to tamper with the camera and its settings but after watching youtube the HD video on the T3 is nowhere near the T2i due to the megapixel difference . Since you guys have a lot of insight on cameras and whatnot should i return the camera and save a few pennies more and get the T2I or keep the T3 and invest in a shotgun mic, and a lightning kit along with different lenses

the cam will shoot great video in the right hands. It does not have all the bells and whistles of the T2i. Might want to master that cam, then decide what works for you. the best of the best of the best is only as good as the hands that use it. I had a T2i and traded down to a very simple cam and Im happy with that for now. Im shooting Youtube vids and commercials with a Canon SX20IS and it works for me.

At this point, the Megapixel difference really only shows its face on photos. You're capturing much more information than ends up in a 720p or 1080p image on all of the current crop of DLSRs.

I'd highly urge you to go with the T2i or T3i if video is your primary use. The T3 just isn't near the quality of those other two cameras when it comes to video.

Yes i agree i just went out and took some photos which turned outgo rest with little to none editing however, when i went and attempted to record some footage the ending result was dreadful. I will be returning it today and forking over extra cash to get the T2i since its on sale :)

Back