Canon Mark 3 with Neewer Field Monitor mini hdmi problem

Hey all - I have a Canon 5D EOS Mark 3 camera, with Neewer On-Camera Field Monitor and a Mini HDMI to HDMI cord to connect them. However, when I connect them using the cable, all that happens is that on the LED screen of the Canon Mark 3 is it just flashes. Picture never goes to the Neewer field monitor. It did work before. The field monitor fell off of the camera and didn't hit the floor because of the cable The cable had to be replaced, which I got today, and tried it out and it doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this issue???

The HDMI connection is a fragile creature. The weight of the monitor hanging by the cable, compounded by the force of it likely bouncing when the cable went taught and then the swinging that occurred after... it's likely that one or both of your HDMI ports (monitor input and/or camera output) was damaged in the process.

I'd suggest connecting your camera to your TV at home, just to see what happens. If the camera and the TV talk and you get a clean signal, then you know the issue is in the field monitor's input.

You could also try to feed another HDMI source (BluRay player?) into your Neewer to see if there's an issue there.

Let's hope it's the field monitor that's the issue, not the camera.

Back