Canon EF adapter for FS700

I currently own a 5d Mark ii and two lenses (Canon 50mm 1.4 USM and Canon MP-E 65mm 1.4/1-5x Macro Lenses) and am looking into purchasing a Sony FS700.

What adapter(s) are available for using both these lenses with the FS700?

Thanks.

There is really only one if you want to be able to change your iris and use image stabilization or any other electronic functions of the lens, the Metabones EF to NEX adapter. Costs about $400 and you may need to preorder or wait for backorder.

There are also plenty of dumb adapters with no electronics, but you'll be stuck with whatever aperture your lens happens to be at. You can set the aperture by putting the lens on a Canon DSLR in video mode and setting the aperture and then removing the lens while the camera is still on (if you turn off the camera, it returns the lens to its widest aperture). Also they have canon adapters with built in manual irises but they are pretty useless since the iris is not in the right place and there is no way of knowing what f-stop it is at and they tend to vignette more than change your aperture...

The metabones adapter is worth it if you mostly use Canon EF lenses and do not want to switch over to lenses with manual mechanical apertures.

There is really only one if you want to be able to change your iris and use image stabilization or any other electronic functions of the lens, the Metabones EF to NEX adapter. Costs about $400 and you may need to preorder or wait for backorder.

There are also plenty of dumb adapters with no electronics, but you'll be stuck with whatever aperture your lens happens to be at. You can set the aperture by putting the lens on a Canon DSLR in video mode and setting the aperture and then removing the lens while the camera is still on (if you turn off the camera, it returns the lens to its widest aperture). Also they have canon adapters with built in manual irises but they are pretty useless since the iris is not in the right place and there is no way of knowing what f-stop it is at and they tend to vignette more than change your aperture...

The metabones adapter is worth it if you mostly use Canon EF lenses and do not want to switch over to lenses with manual mechanical apertures.

I own the Metabones adapter, and it's great. Allows IS with my EF-S 17-55 2.8 and controls the iris on all my non IS lens. If you want an fs100 and canon lens, the Metabones is the only choice.

Jeff

Back