canon 5D Mark III - Pre Order Now

Looks like a good upgrade from the mkII, I'm not going to pre-order though. I'll be fine shooting with the II for the next few months until I get a chance to test one myself and decide it I need the upgrade.

Not sure if I should be kicking myself here for jumping the gun on my recent purchase. :-O

I got the Canon XA10 just a couple of months ago due to the pains I was dealing with the Canon 60D for the last year. (Too many negative things to say so I'm just leaving it at that.)

I may not get the MKIII due to the XA10 taking care of most of my problems. I still use the 60D when I need to get some very shallow DOF in some shots or if I just need a very wide-angle shot of some area with my 24mm lens.

The features and pricing between the D800 and MKIII are substantial. I saw a lot of value in the D800 being able to output full-uncompressed HD video but then again I'd have to buy new lenses. :-/

I will say that it is very nice that Canon finally added a headphone jack to the new camera. I'm just not convinced it's worth the upgrade for me as of right now.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Back