• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Can You See It?

We're well into shooting and everything looks great. But, I'm posting two short clips that basically run in succession.

The compression of course sucks, and it has to be viewed in full screen to even see the problem. Movies were not meant to be seen on 5" monitors.

Of course me telling you there's a problem will make you look for it. So, just take it for what it is, and view it with unsuspecting eyes. Maybe it's only me that's seeing it.

Can you see it?

Note: The very beginning when you can see the light box shadow is not it. That part is not going to be used.

Also, as a film maker how would have handled it?

The first part was shot 5/22 the second 5/27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAf0ledtOGw

Last edited:
Not entirely sure what the problem might be...

Is it the guys reflection in the first scene? I don't know whether he was meant to stop walking or whether he left the scene, but the girl acts like he's left and yet you see his feet stop moving and he stands just off camera.

Last edited:
Unless you're referring to the extra mirror reflection (the mirror of the mirror) which is minor, I watched it full screen, and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary (mind you I can't always see details)

If someone points it out then I might see it, but otherwise I don't see an issue.

Yeah, I showed it to my wife in Final Cut Pro Full Screen and she didn't see it. So, it must be all right. But, it's still pretty messed up from my POV.

The first shot was taken on 5/22

The second shot was on 5/27 after the dolt (actress) decided to go to the beach and get burnt. While youtube compression mars it, if you see a true version her burn line (under the arms, and bra strap) are quite noticeable.

I see it because I know. Oddly I didn't get pissed.

We shot yesterday with Cult Classic Director Joel Reed. Funny, great guy. We had sushi for lunch.

Yeah, I showed it to my wife in Final Cut Pro Full Screen and she didn't see it. So, it must be all right. But, it's still pretty messed up from my POV.

The first shot was taken on 5/22

The second shot was on 5/27 after the dolt (actress) decided to go to the beach and get burnt. While youtube compression mars it, if you see a true version her burn line (under the arms, and bra strap) are quite noticeable.

I see it because I know. Oddly I didn't get pissed.

We shot yesterday with Cult Classic Director Joel Reed. Funny, great guy. We had sushi for lunch.

I think it's in our nature as directors to see the "little things" that most people don't think about or recognize because they aren't looking for it. :)

I think too it's because we are constantly going over the footage, literally frame by frame sometimes, and we become so familiar with it, yet for people watching it's it just comes and goes once, and if they're into the story, then they won't pay attention unless it's REALLY noticable (which this isn't-it's actually amazing how many little "flaws" compression through youtube seems to eliminate ;) )

Back