• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Can I use Hyperdeck Shuttle recorder with Canon t3i?

Hello guys I have been researching the internet for while now trying to answer this question but I couldnt find any answer... What video output does T3i have throught HDMI output? I suppose its not 10bit signal so I could recorded uncompressed HD to my Hyperdeck Shuttle.
thank you for any answers :)

Your DSLR shoots 8bit. Using your Hyperdeck, you can transcode to DNxHD or ProRes in 10bit.

That doesn't make your footage 10bit, but it does make it so when you color grade, you can make those more subtle changes and not worry about them getting destroyed when you export.

Also... you seem headstrong about figuring out color... but let me warn you, your computer most likely isn't 10bit capable.

In order to display 10bit color depth you will need a Nvidia Quadro card (or other professional grade graphics card). And once again, your consumer monitor most likely won't correctly display it even if you did have a Quadro...

(Can I recommend another film site? If it's a specific trade forum? I think so.. Let me know if I can't IT. )

Check out this forum, Qventinko, http://liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php

You've been mislead by a marketing term. Sure it's uncompressed... Uncompressed 4:2:2. That's not even a logical notion as 4:2:2 is a factor of compression.

Also this records QuickTime files... I'd recommend selling it.

Shuttle 2 does have some value on the bright side.

Back