Breakdown software

I just want to know if there are any filmmakers out there with movie magic or cinergy breakdown software? Or any software that can do a script breakdown.

Bug

I have Movie Magic Screenwriter and Scheduling. I love the way you can tag items in Screenwriter and import your script into Scheduling and it automatically breaks down the script. The scheduling software is nice.

I've recently tried using Cinetools but haven't tried to import a MMS script or work with scheduling, so I can't compare the two except for the price. Cinetools is much cheaper.

Breakdown

I use Cinergy, and it's WAY easier than Movie Magic. You load the script into Cinergy and tag it there. I used Final Draft and it went into Cinergy just great, but I messed up because I didn't realize that Cinergy has a script editor too, and it's free, so I bought FD for no reason :( The nice thing with Cinergy is you have the whole script in the same product that's doing the breakdown and scheduling. My breakdown and all my reports were done in 2 days. Now I just need the $$$ to shoot the movie. Someone send me money!!!!

Sunfrog Film Scheduling will do an auto-breakdown by importing from final draft. My personal opinion is that no auto-breakdown will be 100% accurate - it must be checked and updated manually.

Back