• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch BOHARG II (Short Film)

I actually liked it.

Besides only using natural light, I thought the camera work, worked well with the film.

The 'invisable' cuts were nice, the concept was nice, decent acting.

Could have done without the dream part of it.

That was outstanding! Cinematography, editing, effects and acting were fantastic, you've definitely delivered a high quality production! Keep up the great work!

That was awesome. Really well done. Nice color grading, great camera work, and a really well executed twisted idea.

The invisible cuts were very well done. Great blending. Nice ideas for them also.

The actor was good. A tiny bit hammy at the coffee table...but it's a surreal piece, so it works.

I would have prefered the last shot to be on a tripod, but I understand you wanted to follow him up and out of the room, so you went hand-held. It's forgivable...just a little distracting. I suppose it keeps a little surreal element to the scene, even though we think he's waken from a bad dream.

Great piece. I liked it a lot. Where are you guys based? What camera did you use?

Ps. FAETT is cool too. Have you seen any of David Firth's stuff? You should check out Salad Fingers and all his other stuff...similar style, you'd love it. It's animated...but still.

Last edited:
hey thanks for the great comments!

We are based in Berlin, Germany but the film was shot in a small town in Saxony (Mittweida). We used a Sony EX1. We didnt have a tripod for the final scene, I would have preferred the shot to be steady, too, but we had no choice. The whole shoot was mostly improvised and we made up the story while we were shooting.

E.g. in the scene where I discover the coffee pot, the camera first pans into the hole, then back to me. That´s because Mantas (the DP) thought that the scene was over, but I just had had the idea of finding some strange object - and he reacted to what I did.

Was a fun project, I really appreciate your feedback.

David

Nice, thank you David. Love the tuts.

Although for the invisible cuts...I think you chose a more boring one to make an example of...but still...it makes the point, so I guess I'm just being picky.

:)

Back