• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Black Swan Parody (Black Ion)

Hi,

This is a Chemistry AP movie project that revolves around Chemistry. The movie is a parody of the movie, Black Swan. We called it "Black Ion." So far, we've only come up with the trailer, which was also part of the assignment.

I directed and edited the trailer. Please feel free to criticize it! Tell me how it is!

http://vimeo.com/22827014

Thanks!
Jon

All things considered, that was fairly well done.
Send your resume over to Global Asylum. http://www.theasylum.cc/ ;)

Seriously though, some of the shots were fairly well composed. The lighting fair enough, audio was fine, and title graphics very well done.
Nice.

It's not supposed to be funny? It's not really a parody?

Call me old mister conventional but I thought that was a pretty funny parody ;)

Ha! That was incredibly amusing, definitely in a good way ;) Great parody, you perfectly picked and adapted just the right moments from Black Swan. Nice one.

Wow man this is pretty impressive and its just the trailer. I cant wait to see the whole thing.
A few things that stuck out to me but are in no means major issues
1. Some of the music jumps were slightly sudden for my taste
2. That slap wasn't the smoothest cut in the world (but did your actress actually slap him?!)
3. I'm assuming you couldn't do much in the lighting department so some of the color grading varies from shot to shot, achieving consistency isn't the easiest thing in the world though.

But you did so much right
1. Your locations were off the wall awesome(How did you manage to get a lab to film in?!)
2. I like the feel and darkness of the color correction really adds to the overall effect
3. You have some pretty tallented actors and actresses for their age(Im assuming your directing helped a bit too)
4. The Black Eyes at the end are off the wall awesome(are those contact lenses?)
5. Your shots are nicely composed and the film is good quality(what camera and lense did you use?)
6.Audio is clear and definitely not a stock camera mic which really adds a layer of depth and clarity which you sometimes lose

Just a few quick questions(some of which are stated in my comments)
1. How long have you been filming for?(in general and for this movie)
2. How many people do you have besides you and your producer on your production team?
3. What are you using for lighting in some of your shots?
4. Did you edit some of the music in your trailer yourself, because i listened to the original eros and it wasn't as exciting as yours?
5.Do you have a site/facebook/behind the scenes stuff, i might be intrested in taking a look

Other than that good luck! i will definitely be following this!

Thanks, SiCurious and Gripss!!

To answer your questions, Gripss, we filmed for about 25-30 hours and almost done with this video. Editing took about 10 hours (I'm not very efficient..).
My friend, is a producer, and helps organize all the filming dates, and helped with the sound equipment. He's very helpful! I film and edit everything.
I was just using regular tungsten lights.
We have a facebook page, called Black Ion. Check it out! We'll be posting pictures and updates there.

THANKS!

Back