• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Beyond the Mortal Veil (Drama)

Hey! My name is Micah. The film I have here is my senior thesis from a couple of years ago. It's a drama about two brothers who return home after the death of their father to seek closure. If you could let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate it!

FYI: There's some strong language.

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbo-bPwpH9E

Last edited:
Thanks!

A lot of things, I suppose. I was visiting my parents' house when I noticed an old family photograph on the wall. Inspired, I sat down and stayed up the whole night jotting the first draft of the script.

As far as the specific muses go, I had recently watched the Twilight Zone episode "Walking Distance". In the episode, a man's car breaks down near his childhood home and he, compelled by nostalgia, decides to visit only to find he's actually walked into his past. The flashbacks and themes of moving on from childhood were inspired in part by that. Jonathan's encounter with his father is based VERY loosely on Hamlet's father. The rest just comes from life experiences and imagination.

Nice! What a cool thing the Hamlet reference is. That hadn't occurred to me. But hearing about it adds new depth to it.

Back