Best Shotgun mic to pair with DR-100

Hi all, new to the forum this place is awesome!

Anyway, i bought a DR-100 and need to pair it with a descent shotgun mic, i know the DR-100's preamps are not designed for production use but i plan to use it as the main sound recording devise until i get a proper mixer so have you any suggestions for a shotgun mic with a price range of £150-£400. And i guess any input on mixers?

I have looked into the NTG-2 but it doesn't seem pair well, but what about the AT897 or AT8035?

Any input you guys would be fantastic, Thanks =D.

Neal

cheers for the reply man, i will have to narrow those down. I actually tried the DR-100 with my Video MicPro and it works really well when connected via XLR. I'm getting zero hiss thanks to its +20db feature. I am going to use the vmp as a shotgun mic for the time being, until i get one of the above mics!

Thanks, Neal.

The ME-66 can be run off it's own batteries with the correct power module. I use that a lot with my DR-100 because phantom powered mics really do suck batteries down and the circuitry in my DR-100 is prtty weak and whistles a lot if I use phantom unless batteries are fresh.

Last edited:
Back