Best GH2 patches for filmmaking?

There are so many out there I just don't know where to begin. Obviously it is for narrative story-telling so 24p is what I mainly use but 60p would be used on occational slo-mo too. Plus Ex Tele mode should be working too.

I have a 64gb 95mbps SD. What I really want is one that plays back on the camera no problem. But I also want amazing film-like quality (nice grain etc).

I know there is the new Apocalypse patch but it's not yet Intra.

Any suggestions out there?

I recommend the Driftwood Orion v4b, which is amazing for this purpose.
And also, for less 'card eating', Flow Motion v2.02.

This 2 patches allow you to get a good cinematic image, if you know what to do in the post work. If you want grain, I recommend you to download a real scanned filmgrain and use it in your timeline with a overlay track.

Edit: I was testing extreme low light with Flow Motion yesterday, to see how the noise looks. In my opinion, its GREAT. Only the lcd monitor light in the room:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...63730343.39440.100001783523911&type=1&theater

Last edited:
Even with the 64 card sedna had playback issues with long recordings. I'll try the Orion v4b now. Have you found any playback issues with long recordings on it? How about 60p and ex tele mode?

Hmm, actually I never use the camera playback. I started my way working as a football videomaker, and in this kind of job you can't stop to watch what you just did, you have to keep going. So today I don't have this habit, lol. :pop:

But what I read about is that Flow Motion 2.02 is the better patch which playbacks fine. I will test here to see.

Well I just discovered the trick about playback issues. After spanning, be sure to record 3 second clip and all should run as normal after.

Been testing like crazy. To Break it down:

The new Apocalypse Now Boom is awesome! But still in testing really so not really ready for a serious shoot. Apocalypse Now DrewNet soft is also very nice but had a playback issue.

Orion v4b, Sedna, Mysteron are all awesome (had slight playback issue with Sedna). All high bitrates. Not much between them. SeaQuake and Aquamotion are also great.

Gonna try Cluster V6. I heard it's very reliable and great quality.

Overall I really like the AN boom feel. It's great, flat image, lovely look. Still haven't decided though.

Last edited:
Back