movies Beaavis and Butthead do the Universe

If you're a fan of the boys, you've got to see this movie. Funny! All they want to do is score,,, but the never do. This time they DON'T score in outerspace. And I just found out that Mike Judge is making more episodes of Beavis and Butthead. Paramount TV is full of them.. I've got my evening planned!
icon_bnb.gif

I always like Mike Judge. Idiocracy was a great movie, and Office Space may be one of the greatest comedy films of all time. He was never really treated fairly by Hollywood, because executives said he was insulting the intelligence of the American public. They kind of tried to sweep him under the rug, cancelling all the marketing for his last film right before it launched, but so many people around the world enjoy his sense of humor that basically everything he ever made has achieved cult film status.

And King of the Hill wasn't bad. It just got to where it had been on for so long that no one really wanted any more of it. All his shows were successful at the end of the day, and I think it's a failure on Hollywood's part that they didn't encourage and fund greater output from this unique director.

I did watch a few of these, and yeah, they're pretty funny. What really jumped out at me though, in the modern day, was that Beavis and Butthead where actually the genesis of something that has become ubiquitous in the present, the "reaction video"

Have you seen those innumerable youtube videos? "this guy reacts to that movie" " a voice coach listens to Metallica" and so on. Thinking back, I think Mike's show was probably what planted the seed for all of that. The realization that there was inherent entertainment in reaction shots, and that it could be generated by literally anything. The guy is kind of a genius.

Mike Judge was a guess on season 10 episode 12 of the TV show Fraiser. He was hiliarious! His character was pretty much Mr. Van Driessen, the hippy school teacher.

I loved King of the Hill but I think it was right to end it when they did. They were getting too close to making Bobby into a gay guy just to watch Hank's reaction. It would have been A last ditch effort at better ratings. Dale was my favorite. The way he lived in denial or maybe was oblivious to his wife's affair with John Redcorn. I think he knew, which made the fact that he loved his son (actually john Redcorn's son), Joseph, that much more touching. Yeah, Dale was my favorite. As far as cartoon women go, I had a thing for Minh. LOL!

Reaction videos are interesting but you have to wonder how authentic some of them are?

Last edited:
lol, yeah, I agree that many of these "Fist time hearing Led Zepplin" videos are probably not being completely honest with us.

And Mike Judge is good at everything. I've also seen him act, and he's funny, like always. I think that in the future, he will be recognized as one of the great artists of our time, even though his humility and down to earth nature tend to mask his raw intelligence.

I'm a big fan of his, and I think he's brought a lot of laughter into this world.

Back