Backup Mic.

Hey guys, i purchased a NTG-2 mic to start making some small videos with friends, i want to add an backup mic. but im running out of money. Was thinking about purchase the cheap 14.37" Chinese mic.

You think that will be good as backup? or will be like loosing my money?

Thanks in advance

Why a back-up? If your NTG-2 craps out completely (the odds are very, very small - they are quite robust), that's when you get the cheap replacement while it is being repaired. From my POV you only buy crappy gear as an emergency replacement if you can't afford to rent a substitute.

I would be more inclined to spend the money on some serious wind protection or a boom-pole if you don't already have them.

Why a back-up? If your NTG-2 craps out completely (the odds are very, very small - they are quite robust), that's when you get the cheap replacement while it is being repaired. From my POV you only buy crappy gear as an emergency replacement if you can't afford to rent a substitute.

I would be more inclined to spend the money on some serious wind protection or a boom-pole if you don't already have them.

Thanks for your support. As backup i mean to record as 2nd channel, if something i dont get well frmo the NTG, maybe can use the track recorded with the chinese one.

About wind protection i purchased this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20cm-Windsc...ltDomain_0&hash=item45ff37a0e1#ht_2758wt_1021

and as accesories i purchased this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-...648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45ffa6e338

Needs to update this thread, now need to purchase 1 mic for another event. i need to purchase 1 or 2 mics for an martial arts tournament that i wnat to fil to use in some videos. Is you know i have an NTG2, but dont have money to purchase another one, i will be using Tascam recorder and 2 sony cameras. I need to film 2 fights / time, so i need to purchase another mic. so again was thinking about purchase an 14.37" Chinese mic. but maybe need two because will get diference in records using the NTG and chinese one.

Back