[b]HAL HARTLEY[/b]

Im working on aproject on my fave film maker HAL HARTLEY and id reaaaally apreciate some help!links,sites,articles,and ur opinions about this talented man.....Id be eternally greatfull :D

Great Great Director/Writer. I've seen all of his work, well most of it, I can't seem to find some of his shorts. Not much input now, but I'll post anything when I find it. :roll:

WeightOnWheels said:
Great Great Director/Writer. I've seen all of his work, well most of it, I can't seem to find some of his shorts. Not much input now, but I'll post anything when I find it. :roll:
did u buy the dvds or rent them?i live in gibraltar at the time and i dont think theres a chance for me to rent any of his films...his shorts will eventually come out within 2004(his official site is www.possiblefilms.com)but till then.....anyway thx one way or another im looking too...hopefully ill find sthng:)

I have most on dvd or vhs. The ones I haven't seen and would love to see are:
1) Nyc
2) The Other Also
3) Opera #1
4) Iris
5) Kimono
6) The New Math

If you have any idea on where I can get these, I would love it!

WeightOnWheels said:
I have most on dvd or vhs. The ones I haven't seen and would love to see are:
1) Nyc
2) The Other Also
3) Opera #1
4) Iris
5) Kimono
6) The New Math

If you have any idea on where I can get these, I would love it!

i dont suppose there is a way u can make copies on vhs or dvd for me?Ill pay for them and the postage expenses(oups...copies...i shouldnt mention that :? )
in his official site they say they will make a dvd with ALL his shorts within 2004 so u just have to wait 8)

mary_darko said:
Im working on aproject on my fave film maker HAL HARTLEY and id reaaaally apreciate some help!links,sites,articles,and ur opinions about this talented man.....Id be eternally greatfull :D

I can only give an opinion based upon seeing a few of his films.

He's hit and miss in my book but I respect his attempts.

My favorite Hartley Film is 'Henry Fool'...I love this one and it speaks to me as a writer...Am I Henry Fool?...quite possibly but as I admire his conviction, I only hope to keep any that I have.

by the Same token...I disliked 'Flirt' whereas I've heard a lot of praise for this film. It seemed like an exercise and not even one that was all that interesting or insightful in my opinion.

Been meaning to see 'No Such Thing' for some time now and they're going to be a screening of it soon so I'll likely catch it.

Just a quick opinion,

Martin

Back