Aussie Guy/painter/making doco

Hi peoples. I live in Australia and have always liked film. Enjoy watching doco and great cinema. Big fan of public broadcasting. I like to paint about television http://mikeretter.tripod.com and am making a doco on a rapper/outsider artist called Space G in Australia.

I want to come onto this forum to learn ideas in editing and structure of doco. Doco is something I am passionate about. My subject is an interesting artist. I think even 26 minutes of doco is a challenge to make. I have not gone to film school and learned on the job at community access TV and as a hobby.

My favourite films include - CRASH (1996), 2001, Burden Of Dreams, Taxi Driver, Ghost In The Shell

I want to learn from your experiences putting a project together from the ground up with a minumum budget. Artist docos are what I should be doing. I have done a few small things but this is the real one.

Editing is not my strong point but I will proberbly have to do it myself. Competant with FCP but structure and seamlessnes is something to work at. Anyway, glad to join and hope to share ideas and learn.

Mike

Back