Any Worthy Festival Suggestions For A First Timer On Her First Short/Documentary?

Hi Everybody,

I have completed my first short film (under 30 minutes documentary ready to go in PAL or NTSC)

And I believe I may have another 8 months before applying to "maximum 1 year old productions" restrictions in general.

I've gone through withoutabox and I wouldn't know anything about which ones reputable and reputable among them.

I appreciate any festival suggestions worthwhile to send my short film -documentary whether through withoutabox or not or direct to the festival itself

Here is a handicap I have : Apparently I cannot apply to The 45th Directors’ Fortnight - Cannes Festival due to

If your film is selected you will be asked to provide a 35 mm film print or a DCP (Digital Cinema Package): Server JPEG 2000.
request if selected as My original resolution is 1280 pixels x 720 pixels and scaling up to 2K then going through DCP output is not going to be any good as well as not so possible with my laptop power. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

So ideally I should find some:
-- REPUTABLE festivals which
-- ACCEPT 1280 pixels x 720 resolution and
-- DO NOT charge any submission fees

I appreciate any suggestions very much

all the best

Last edited:
-- REPUTABLE festivals which
-- ACCEPT 1280 pixels x 720 resolution and
-- DOES NOT charge any submission fees

Have you made a Withoutabox.com account, and searched through possibilities?

Not many zero-fee festivals out there, btw. Can't think of any worth mentioning, off the top of my head.

What are you going to do if your film piques some interest from a distributor? You going to be able to afford bringing your film up to scratch for that?

Have you made a Withoutabox.com account, and searched through possibilities?

Not many zero-fee festivals out there, btw. Can't think of any worth mentioning, off the top of my head.

What are you going to do if your film piques some interest from a distributor? You going to be able to afford bringing your film up to scratch for that?

I have Withoutabox.com account and searched through.
I am not familiar with any festival names at all, reputable or not.

I don't know the answer, depends on the offer I guess.

Back