Any thoughts on Lanparte?

This rig looks well built on Internet video but anyone have hands on experiance before I consider putting down $1000.

Thanks

Lanparte Range

G'day Graeme,

I've just found this post via Google and thought I'd help answer your questions.
My name is Josh and I run OziRig Pro Australia - we're actually the official suppliers of Lanparte equipment here in Australia.

The first thing to mention is that I've personally found the Lanparte range to be consistently good quality. I've played around with stuff like the Pro Aim and Gini Rigs at around about the same price point and haven't found anywhere near the same attention to detail. I've also been blown away in particular with the quality of the Follow Focus kits that Lanparte supply - they have a HUGE wheel with very very nice thick rubber ribbing which makes gripping SO much easier. Most of the other guys (and I've played around with a lot of them!) either have a basic plastic wheel or a polished metal wheel which can make gripping a pain in the arse.

So to help you out a bit more, is there a particular part or package you were looking at?
You've probably had a look around on the web and noticed that there's not a lot of info out there!
We're actually in the middle of launching a revamped website which should change that, but in the meantime I'd be happy to provide you with some of our own product photos and answer any questions you have about the Lanparte range.

There are quite a lot of kits to choose from, so there's probably one which meets the equipment needs you're looking for.
If your budget is around about the $1000 mark the best you can get is the Run and Gun Kit:

gallery_rng.png

This gets you:
a Basic Follow Focus (there's an AB stop one which is a little extra)
a Shoulder Mount
a C-Cage Bracket and Top Handle (turns your rig into a Carry Cage)
a Height Adjustable Baseplate,
a Shoulder Offset Mount (for offsetting the shoulder pad and bringing the camera closer to your eye)
a set of Pro Universal Grips (a new model of their rotating front handles - designed specifically for heavy rigs)
and a full set of 15mm Rails for the Baseplate, Top Handle and Shoulder Mount.

rungun2.png

Of course you can play around with the configuration to your hearts' content as all of the parts are mix and match.

Cheers,
Josh.

Last edited:
Back