Any festivals for teens?

I'm looking at entering a film festival for teens, but not for a few months from now. Does anybody know of any teen film festivals that wont start accepting entries for another few months? If there is an annual one that's already passed the due date for entries, i'd like to know about them too so I can enter into the festival for next year. Thanks for any replies.

Not exclusively for teens, but Channel Islands Film Fest added a division for soley for teens this year. (It just finished this past weekend, btw).

Ages 13 to 19 only. Follow the link to the "Entry & Rules" and the rest of the details are there.

One of the women I spoke to there said that they have screenings of films a few times each year, on top of the actual annual award festival.

Hope that's a lead for you, anyway :)

Another fest is the IFP Los Angeles Film Fest, I believe the deadline is Feb 2005. High school submissions are free. Several of the films that played at Channel Islands last week w/ the high school program were screened at the LA Fest last June.

Channel Islands is supposed to start the additional screenings Zensteve mentioned this November, on a monthly basis. You should get in contact w/ Luis or Ruth (festival directors, 805-469-6523) ahead of time and you may be able to screen the movie as soon as you're finished (if that's what you want to do). They can also give you better details on those monthly screenings.

You can also put your movies up online at www.studentfilms.com for a real small fee (although you may want to wait until after you've played the festival circuit).

Another thing you can do is just search "high school film festivals" and you'll probably find something. We've found several other fests for high school productions by doing that but can't remember the festival names off hand.

Hope this helps a little.

www.alteregocinema.com

p.s. hey Zensteve, still feel bad you didn't make it to our screening at channel islands but glad to hear it sounds like you still had good time!

Yes, was pretty good AlterEgo :)

Just wish the precise addresses to each of the building locations had been on their website. (They were in the actual booklet... but you had to get there first to get said booklet) :lol:

Very nice peeps there.

Back