• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Animated feature film Work-In-Progress!!!

For about 8 months I have been working on a feature length animated film using Lightwave 3D. The film is an epic fantasy called "DragonWars" where all the characters are, you guessed it, dragons!

I have some WIP of some of the opening scenes so please check them out and tell me what you think.

Here's the link, click on the "Media" link:

http://www.digital-sorcery.com/feature.htm

or, you can sign up for my podcast and have new updates streamed to you automatically:

http://www.digital-sorcery.com/web/XML/dwars_production.xml

I have about 20 minutes of "first pass" animation and many characters modeled and rigged already. To my knowledge, once the film is made, it will be the first feature length 3D animated feature film entirely created by a single artist (although I do plan on having some real voice actors come in at the end and redo the dialog).

The plan is to complete the film by 2008 and show it at SIGGRAPH, animation friendly film festivals, then either get distribution or self distribute on DVD.

That looks cool and the story sounds interesting. Careful with the camera moves though, some of them were too much in the chamber talking with the council. When Sorn was looking around, I would've preferred a locked down camera or one with consistent motion. The move that was there seemed to be locked to his gaze and moved around quite a bit in unnatural ways.

Thanks for the input

knightly said:
That looks cool and the story sounds interesting. Careful with the camera moves though, some of them were too much in the chamber talking with the council. When Sorn was looking around, I would've preferred a locked down camera or one with consistent motion. The move that was there seemed to be locked to his gaze and moved around quite a bit in unnatural ways.

I agree. I've heard this problem with the camera moves on other forums I posted this on. One of my film instructors was famous for saying "I HATE unmotivated camera moves!". I have to keep that in mind.

Back