• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

An Actor's Doubt - Short Film Idea

I have many short film ideas running around in my head and some of these are ones that I do not have the ability to turn into a film, don't have an outline in mind for the idea or am willing to have someone else make into a short film, as long as I receive a story credit.

Here is a short film idea that I am willing to have made into a short film by a filmmaker:

Title:

An Actor's Doubt

Story:

We all at one point doubt our own ability and actors are no exception. One such actor who doubts their ability is purposely cast by their friend behind the scenes for roles in productions where the other actors are really, really poor at what they do in an attempt to allow the actor to see that he does have ability and talent to succeed in the profession.

Genre:

I would classify this as a comedy using a situation that may not be entirely plausible but could make for an interesting assortment of characters and situations.

Please Note: I am aware that in posting this idea onto a public forum that there is no guarentee someone will not take this idea and create a film based on it without crediting me as the person who came up with the story.

In any case I would prefer to see this be made into a short film by someone who at least has some filmmaking experience but understand this cannot be guaranteed.

If any of you are interested in this story idea please either post a response in this thread or send me a PM.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back