Alternate Solution Please

Hi,
I'm using a Sony HDR XR100e which is aa great little camera for my needs...almost..
Only thing that it is lacking is an external microphone input...It has a zoom mic which works well but I was wondering if there is an alternate workflow that I can apply. For ex Dubbing dialogues in post?
Can you tell me a good mic in 150-200$ range?

Namaste

I'm using an AT835R and loving it. Much better sound than we used to get. You can then get a recorder that supports XLR and provides phantom power and record separate sound on set like all the pros do... remember to "slate"

A little more detail on how the recorder would be used and links for their website would be brilliant, Good Sir!

I shall give you a shrubbery in return..

Namaste

I'm using an AT835R and loving it. Much better sound than we used to get. You can then get a recorder that supports XLR and provides phantom power and record separate sound on set like all the pros do... remember to "slate"

it's a modern digital version of the old tape recorder. Search for "dual system" or zoom (zoom4n?) recorder on this board and you should find plenty of how to and links to info.

Back