• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch AKITA - Short Film [UK, C100]

I want to share a rough cut of my short film for feedback. I wanted to make something very quiet without dialogue. The film is about loneliness, frustration and companionship.

Total production cost was £250. Shot on a C100 mk1 with a Tamron 17-50 and Canon 55-250. Shot over a weekend.

I have high hopes for a decent festival run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ICOhcA0a4

Last edited:
Gets better and better. Open with just the dog... and then the man appears?

Thank you for watching a replying. Interesting idea, I have a lot of inserts of the dog leftover that were unused.

My main concerns were length and sound I guess. 9mins is quite long for a film like this but I wanted to show the repetition of his life at the start.

It's not about uncool or cool, or about me, but about the movie maker getting his film into the best possible shape for the festivals. Better do everything in your power, everything you possibly can to rise above the masses, or you will get nowhere.

Back