• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

ADOBE PREMIERE PRO color correction

Need some help with color correction for adobe premiere pro. Im new to premiere and have trouble reading the manuals. Im not very good with computers to begin with and reading software instruction manuals feels alot like high school math (which I was not good at.)

Its a miracle I was able to edit my stuff and output to dvd. But Id like to go back and improve the footage.

Its 16mm film tansferred the cheap way with a projector and video camera. Luckily I had a camera with variable shutter to eliminate flicker, but the transferred video lacks bright whites and deep blacks. I want to do more than just bump up contrast.

Also, a few shots need proper color correcting. I'll go into more detail once someone responds who knows their shit.

Maybe some help in the form of file->color->, etc.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Shaw said:
Just noticed this post. If you need any further help just let me know - I use Premiere Pro and am quite fond of color correction.

I've heard quite a bit about color correction but haven't explored it at all. I use levels to touch up scenes but not color correction. I'd love an overview, or a link to good info.

Thanks.

I got my hands on the Premeire Pro book, CLASSROOM IN A BOOK, which is written by the good people at Adobe.

I actually find this book much better and easier to read than the PREMIERE PRO FOR DUMMIES book.

CLASSROOM helped me to understand color corrction.....so far.

The "Classroom In A Book" series are pretty good, yes.

Make sure noone's nicked the disc out of the back before buying, mind you. It has all the sample video files that correlate to the text.

The CIAB for AEFX was not so hot. It covered the material, but was just dull. We dumped that for another one (don't recall name).

Back