• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Adobe Premiere Exporting help needed!

Hi guys, finished editing my first short and I'm looking to export it. However, the first time I did it there was no audio...

I'm using Adobe Premiere CS4 and I have separate audio and video tracks.

My main thought is that I exported on the wrong settings. I shot the film at 1920x1080, 24fps, but I exported on the PAL DV settings which was 25fps.

Anyone have any thoughts? I really need advice asap as this is for a competition where the entry deadline has technically passed!

If you export as a MPG DVD then you'll have separate audio and video files, which would explain why you have no audio.

Try exporting as a .mp4 - H.264 but I'm from the USA so I'm not sure how PAL changes that..

I am currently exporting at H.264, instead of the audio I mixed there is just hissing.

I think that PAL just changes the framerate, but obviously I'm no expert

Yeah,

I don't know if you need any more info but here goes... I have several audio tracks, mostly WAVs, but I did try to combine them all. Everything plays fine in Premiere but not in the finished product.

My main concern is just that because my laptop is so bad each of these copies I make takes like 8 hours to encode, so I'm hesitant to try other stuff until I know it will definitely work.

Thanks for the help so far though!

You shouldn't have to combine all your audio prior to encoding.

I understand your pain with long encoding times!!

Make sure that:

EXPORT VIDEO is clicked
EXPORT AUDIO is clicked

You may even try "Match Sequence Settings"

This should fix it! I hope.. Sorry if it doesn't.

Yeah, they were both ticked. I really don't know why it's not exporting.

One thing is that when I play my audio through Premiere it will play when I have my headphones in but not when I don't... I don't know if that affects anything?

Yeah, that video didn't play through the headphones either.

One thing that may be a stupid issue- You can have a track on the video or audio setting highlighted as grey. Do the audio tracks I want need to have that grey highlighting? They haven't done when I've been listening to it.

Nope, that shouldn't matter if they are gray or not!

Mhmmm... a mystery.. I hope somebody else comes along that may have the answer!

I will keep thinking and playing around with my Premiere Pro.

Yeah, I'm just hoping it will work now. The way I'm doing it now results in a video that is actually a slightly smaller MB size but the last one took 4 hrs, this one is looking at 10 so surely thats indication that audio is being included! Thanks for everything anyway buddy

Are you sure you exported the time (or work area on the timeline) and not just the clip?

Highlighting a track only affects were pasted clips are pasted.

Choosing DV PAL means you are downsizing your 24fps 1920x1080 to 25fps 720x576.

Back