• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Adding a counter in the video

So, I was watching this video called "A Life on Facebook" the other day and there were many things that I wanted to try myself from that video.

First is the counter thing. Here's the link of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEQnccNMiw

The counter thing starts at 00:17. His number of friends increase from 9 to 76 within 6 seconds. How did he do it?

If I'm able to do this, it will be a great addition to my project.

Thanks

That's a clever video.

With the pages that flash by, I would guess that he's doing a lot of work in After Effects, but that's just a guess.

As for the friend-counter moving, well again, I'd guess he's using After Effects, however, for that effect alone, you could use any non-linear video editing program. If you pay close attention to the numbers, there isn't any animation as it moves from one number to the next. So, each number-change could just be a new still frame. And if you want to move approximately 70 numbers, in 6 seconds, if the project is 30FPS, then each still would be something like 2-3 frames.

In that case, I would have to edit each frame with a new number, right? I'd already figured it out, but I was looking for an alternative to that.

Thanks for your help, CF :)

Back