• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Aceldama - Collision (Official Music Video)

Had to watch it muted. The music was good, her voice was good, whomever did the mastering of the song...not good.

I liked the video work though. Could have probably gotten a little more dramatic with the lighting and color, but it was very well shot!

Had to watch it muted. The music was good, her voice was good, whomever did the mastering of the song...not good.

I liked the video work though. Could have probably gotten a little more dramatic with the lighting and color, but it was very well shot!

I agree about the audio work, the mix/master is really bad. It's all in the middle and the voice is really badly mixed. No unity overall in the sound, as if the vocals where an after-thought.

Good work on the video though, even if it's nothing that original.

Got an Evanescence vibe from her vocals, but I do agree they were poorly dubbed over and at points the autotune was apparent imo. Was not expecting her to be so soft with how heavy the music was. The song is good just poorly mastered. I like the video, I'm no expert, but I think the shots you got were great. I also like how it opened with all these hairy, metalhead guys jamming and then all the sudden it's like oh wait their vocalist is a woman, didn't see that coming. Enjoyed the video tho.

I'm genuinely curious why people are saying bad "master" and not "bad mix". The master has little to do with the quality of the mix in this case.

Or am I reading too much into this because I'm an audio geek? Sorry.

Good job. I liked the section where the debris is falling behind the vocalist and strobes starting at approx. 2:30

RE: the music: I like the production and performance is good... but it sounds like it was mixed down in mono (for whatever reason)... would have been better with the couple guitars panned hard left/right to clear out the middle for her vocals, then space out the drums a little: hi-hat 50% (either left or right), toms, and cymbals spread across the stereo field.... but the sounds are fine.

I'm genuinely curious why people are saying bad "master" and not "bad mix". The master has little to do with the quality of the mix in this case.

Or am I reading too much into this because I'm an audio geek? Sorry.

I'm no expert but from what I know about music, it's the mastering that really settles the levels between instruments and vocals. Including the frequency of the sound. Like her voice needed a place to "live".

The problem was that they put her on the roof, with an orange vest on, and a bullhorn. You can't even really tell there's a house there when she gets going.

Right I see. Well actually that's the mix - mixing is making all the volumes correct, adding all the effects like reverb and compression, EQing it all to fit etc.
Mastering is making it louder, sweetening the mix, things like that.

:)

@RizStudios Yeah, sounds like the music was mixed to mono. What an odd choice... O.o

OOOoor... They never paid and that's the demo they got.

Last edited:
Haha! ^^ Now that would have been a laugh.
What I mean is that maybe they didn't pay for the audio side of things. The demo they received pre-payment as proof the work was finished could have been mono. Something I would do actually (mono for a demo, though I'd add beeps too if I didn't know the band). That or just send 3 30 second segments - beginning, middle, end.

Not saying that is the case of course... Just that someone who knows how to mix music would never do what they did here and call it "finished".

Last edited:
Back