A quick hello, and a rather urgent question!

Hello everyone, nice forum, sorry to start off in a new place with silly questions, but i thought you guys were likely to be able to help a chap out.

I recently applied for a masters course in Film production, and im expecting an interview any day now, the thing is i havent got the slightest clue what to expect, and i truly hate going to these things unprepared. i was hoping that perhaps some of you fine people may have been through the applications processes yourselves at other educational establishments and may have some insight into the kinds of questions im likely to be asked.

Any ideas?

Welcome Theoman...I've never been interviewed for film school, but I would think that the interview would be more generalized. I don't think that they require you to be 100% ready to make a feature film. That's why you're going there. I would think that they would want to see that you have a passion to become a filmmaker. I would think one of the questions is why do you want to learn this? What do you want to do after school? Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Good luck. I don' t think you'll have a hard time with it.

Chris

It sounds to me like if you look good (dress appropriate) and come as knowledgeable, passionate and serious in your intentions that you should probably do just fine.

In other words, yeah, you'll be fine.

The issue is that you feel like you are unprepared for an interview. Try to prepare for a run-of-the-mill interview.

What have you done?

What did you learn?

Why do yo want to get into film school? ...er, don't say for the money, he'll know you are crazy :D

What do you think will make you successful in our grad program?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

What do you hope to get out of our grad program?

....start thinkin', dude...

-- spinner :cool:

Some good info here thanks guys. It wont be a face to face interview, since i live in Japan right now and applied for a course in the UK, im just going over any questions i can think of in my head, and i dont hear myself replying very elloquantly :(

Back