• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

A few shorts for sale

Since I'm focusing more on features and music videos at the moment, I decided to sell some of the shorts I've written in hopes that others will find time to make them. A couple are adaptations from public domain works, the other two are originals.

I'm looking to do rewrites for others, at very reasonable rates.

A little of my writing background: I've had a book published by John Wiley and Sons (The Smashing Idea Book) and have another in the works from Ilex Press (my work on it is basically done, but it's still in their pipeline). I've been freelance writing for 6 or 7 years now (you can see a good sampling of my freelance writing on Contently). And I've been writing screenplays for over a decade, though haven't had any produced (other than the one little short I did solo last year).

Here are loglines and what I'm looking to get for each (I'm also offering a rebate for IMDb credit, since that's what I'm really after at the moment). Although I'm happy to cut deals with IT members since this forum has been such an awesome resource. :yes:

Alt - A man grapples with manifestations of his inner self when he decides to go off his meds. 7 pages. $120. (This could be shot with multiple actors, or with just one male and one female.)

Sweetpea - An oddball, modern retake on the classic fairytale, The Princess and The Pea. 8 pages. $140. (Two female and one male role.)

Enigma - The painful dissolution of a long-time relationship, based on the (public domain) play by Frank Lloyd. 14 Pages. $250.

Invasion - A mercenary and documentarian flee to a remote safehouse in the wake of an alien invasion to find disaster awaits them. 14 pages. $100. (One male, one male or female, plus various supporting roles. This does include a helicopter and some VFX, but renting a helicopter for a couple hours can be surprisingly affordable.)

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in any of the above!

Back