• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Doctor Who Story

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd share this film project with you all. I'm in a film studies class, and I was presented with the prompt "Explore social change throughout the twentieth century" while making a film. So, being a massive Doctor Who fan, I decided to explore the twentieth century, literally.

If you're familiar with Doctor Who, you'll get a kick out of this, and even if you aren't, I did my absolute best throughout the video, especially towards the beginning, to aid you in having a grasp of the situation.

The reason I'm quite proud of this specific project is because of all the effects in it. While they still aren't massive, it's a step in a positive direction for myself. Making the TARDIS appear and reappear, animating stars and galaxies, making the TARDIS fly on screen, and duplicating a person where all effects challenges that I took on for this project.

Since we had so much fun filming this, and since we already have so many Doctor Who props (Including a massive TARDIS) we may even pursue this as a mini-series. We think it could be interesting to create our own iteration of the Doctor and lead people on adventures with this one. Without the time length and prompt restraints of a class, I think we could go far with it. For those of you familiar with Doctor Who, you'll know that there's a very long stint of eight months soon approaching where there won't be any new content from the show. It sounds like a nice time for some fan-content to shine!

So, here you go! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdn9CsAE-48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdn9CsAE-48

Last edited:
just watched it man a d you know...you should be proud! I loved it and thought the story was awesome too. One thing I would suggest if you are going to make it into a web series would be look at collaborating with a composer off here to do you an original piece of music.

Otherwise, good stuff

just watched it man a d you know...you should be proud! I loved it and thought the story was awesome too. One thing I would suggest if you are going to make it into a web series would be look at collaborating with a composer off here to do you an original piece of music.

Otherwise, good stuff

I'm glad you enjoyed it! We're currently working on making a series out of it, at least four or five episodes is the plan as of now. I'm currently talking to a couple composers here on the website about getting some original music for it done.

With the script we're toying around now, this Doctor is a different regeneration of the character, with a separate story. The first episode, as with the first episode of any 'new' Doctor, would be an explanation of the lore of the character throughout the introductory adventure.

I'll keep everyone here updated on the progress! Thanks for watching!

Back