• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 7 Missing People

Hey everyone! So my crew and I threw together our first real PoV horror film, and we've gotten good feedback for the most part [disregarding what actors have said as they disliked their performances], but I know it has its gaps in plot and script, etc.

What I could use help with from you guys is if you could maybe watch the whole thing and let me know, very deeply in depth, all the areas in which we can improve and how to go about doing so. This would help us with our current horror project we are making and would be very much obliged!

So without further ado, I present 7 Missing People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AcPc5okBIs

I didn't really enjoy the film, mainly because I am sick of found footage movies. After people found out that films like BWP and Paranormal Activity can make a lot of money, everybody did it. There are literally hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of found footage movies. And most of them don't need to be found footage movies, they could be movies without the characters aware of a camera. I liked how found footage movies started- to scare audiences by making them thinking the film is real, and to try out something new. Now found footage movies are made to: make money; not have to have proper lighting, camera movement, and sound; and/or to copy and follow current filmmaking trends. The acting seems incredibly fake, and the whole concept seems a bit ridiculous. It doesn't feel like a bunch of friends went out to investigate murders, it feels like a group of friends that are making an amateur found footage film about a bunch of friends that went out to investigate murders. It wasn't scary, suspenseful, and tense (which is what a good horror film should be). It was slow, unclear, and boring. The camera movement made me sick as well.

Overall, the film felt like a cheap knock-off of BWP.

I think Chimp is a bit too harsh with you . The movie was indeed a bit boring and making it 32 minutes is a very wrong decision.

However I believe it was a learning experience for all of you and probably you had a blast making the film ! I'll recommend re-writing the script to make it shorter , 5 - 6 ,maybe even 10 minutes . But keep it close to 3 - 6 minutes and do it again .

And don't be discouraged , just keep going and eventually you'll reach your goal .

Okay, I was harsh (especially the last thing I said). And I apologize that I was. And I'm sorry if I discouraged you. That was not my intention.

Oh no man, criticism, in my opinion, should be very critical, like yours. I've learned that when I'm babied, I tend to be all, "Oh so I did something right so all this other stuff I shall disregard." and with that being the case, I tend to learn a lot better from my mistake when someone's harsher about it. Thing is, I knew that the film was not that great. I feel I had this great idea and, as you all probably know, working with friends is hard when they all want to twist it and change it. I was the cameraman and Don and I felt like my role as an actor was diminished so much so throughout, seeing as we had to reshoot two times [we got half way through and the first time we shot was EXCELLENT, but I actually got my teeth [yes, TEETH] chipped by a clumsy actor and almost instantly after the camera died. Talk about absolute shit luck.]

All in all, filming and editing this was a good learning experience. But you all have confirmed what I held in the back of my head; this was NOT original. It lacked depth and was kind of just a slasher flick when you get down to the bones.

And honestly, Chimp Phobia Films, I take the comparison to Blair Witch as a HIGH honor as this could not even be compared in the slightest. When we have obvious malfunctions in script and dialog, then how is the acting supposed to seem real?

Anyways, thank you all for your feedback.

Back