5D Mark3

I'm looking at 5D Mark3 as a much needed upgrade from my DVX100. I know I need at least 3 lenses, prime, zoom and tele. Any suggestions on the lenses? Thanks in advance!

Don't get me wrong, a BMCC makes DSLRs feel like toys but the amount of money and effort you need to throw at it is a lot more than you have in your budget. It is very much a low-end pro tool and pro tools start to cost real money.

So it depends what you want it for...
You don't have to shoot raw with it.

Two of the big issues are batteries and ability to see in the daylight. IIRC, the batteries are not swappable, and you have to use externals. It doesn't take, e.g., the canon 5d2/5d3/7d batteries.

Not sure if it was mentioned or not,you can hack 5D 3 and shoot Raw.

I always thought that 'hack' is a bit of a strong word, when in reality all you do is run Magic Lantern on your SD. :yes:

Also... HDR video anyone? :yes: Certainly! How much DR would sir like with that? :lol:

It has its limitations (not suitable for fast moving action due to the way it renders every other frame), but for typically high EV outdoor scenes etc, it's awesome. :cool:

You don't have to shoot raw with it.

Two of the big issues are batteries and ability to see in the daylight. IIRC, the batteries are not swappable, and you have to use externals. It doesn't take, e.g., the canon 5d2/5d3/7d batteries.

Not shooting raw with a raw camera seems a bit inefficient. What do you mean seeing in daylight? Obv you can not use canon batteries with bmcc,but you can swap them on setif you have enough + charger is always helpful

I always thought that 'hack' is a bit of a strong word, when in reality all you do is run Magic Lantern on your SD. :yes:

Also... HDR video anyone? :yes: Certainly! How much DR would sir like with that? :lol:

It has its limitations (not suitable for fast moving action due to the way it renders every other frame), but for typically high EV outdoor scenes etc, it's awesome. :cool:

I just go with the flow ;p Even though negligible the risk to fk up your camera still exists. HDR eats 2x amount of data. I don't have much exp with it,but it does look insanely impressive on static shots.

Last edited:
Back