48 hour film just got done shooting in the early AM

I was on my first 48 hour film contest short film the last few days. Yesterday we filmed all day tell maybe 1 or 2 am today. I got home real late because it was a long drive home. Slept tell 2 pm. Wow I am still tired. Im spending today recovering. Last two days I did not get much sleep. The film is a Zombie flick. I was a zombie all day yesterday tell I got home and took a shower. I think it maybe be similar to zombie land but not sure. We are doing a wrap party tonight. So I may get to see the film tonight. But I am so tired I may wait and see the screening at the contest screening next Saturday. We had our camera on rails with a dolly and jib attachment for one part that I pushed the dolly. I acted as a zombie for most of the moive. I also helped with moving the equipment and cleaning stuff after we made messes. So it was a full day.

Thanks. I will let you guys know if we have a trailer out in the future. I know people took pictures of the zombie makeup. Maybe I will have pictures to share of the shoot once people upload them.

That sounds like an awesome (and very sleepless!) experience, rockerrockstar.
smiley_five.gif

What was the biggest thing you learned from it?

Make sure you post a link to the finished film, as soon as the 48-Hour rules allow you to. :)

48 Hour challenges are definitely an immersion class in filmmaking! Hope you had fun and learned alot from it!

-- spinner :cool:

Some of the actors were really amazing and that was inspiring. One guy was a really great fighter for the fight scenes. I made friends on set and learned who was good at acting and doing what not. I ran the dolly for one scene. I added people that I met on set to facebook to keep up my networking for future projects.

I know when I was tried it was harder to act. I think getting a good night sleep would have helped a lot. I kept on laughing in one scene where I was trying to do zombie sounds. It just kept cracking me up.

The first night we tried to write the script and the plan was to rehearse after it was written. The writting took longer than thought. We all stayed up late waiting to see if we would have rehearsals or maybe film some night scenes. We ended up not doing rehearsals that night. It would have been better just to write the movie script with a few people then and then plan to have everyone show up the next day.

I learned that catering is very important. People looking for the pizza shop that were out of town and got lost so that caused us to have no pizza. Waited for 3 hours the first night for pizza and we finally got pizza that was cold. So I think having a mother do the catering would help. Some one that can be trusted to bring food at noon & 6pm and remind people on set to eat. Bring more soda. We also had a shortage of chairs to sit on most of the time.

Our film was mostly action and did not have much talking except for the hunter characters. The zombies did not talk but made zombie noises. That may have helped the script writting. Down side is the actors that are zombies don't get speaking rolls. We had a few really great zombies that were great actors though for some of the main scenes.

I know there were many more things we could have put in the movie that would have made it better but since we were shooting at such a fast rate we did not have time to try or do. I had a hard time getting ideas to the DP/director because so many people were talking to him and he was in a hurry. But in order to get it done I can understand the hurry.

I will post a link to the film as soon as they let me. I am not sure the exact name of the film yet. I think it is zombie apocalypse something something. It has a real long title.

Saturday the film will be shown in Indianapolis at a theater.

Here is the info on the showing for the 48 hour film festival

Saturday August 7th
Indianapolis Museum of Art - The Toby, 4000 N. Michigan Rd.
Tickets: $10 per screening

Last edited:
48 hour projects are a bitch in a half. in my opinion.

Up all night, wrecking your sleep cycle. I did it once, never again.

I like to make flicks at my own pace you know?
but congratz man, it looks A+

Not sure why. I know it is on Facebook but I did not upload them it is on a friends page. Not sure if everyone can see or maybe just friends of the person that posted it. Maybe that is it.

I contacted Lisa the lady that uploaded the videos and asked her to check the permissions to make sure everyone could watch. Sorry you could not see yet.

Last edited:
I just fixed the video links in the above post. I will now try a new method of adding photos so you can see. Let me know if this works.

I am in the first picture on the right as a Zombie.
36817_103590876364093_100001395423031_30381_1956300_n.jpg

37983_103591063030741_100001395423031_30383_1561392_n.jpg

39030_103591306364050_100001395423031_30384_8163200_n.jpg

40677_103591476364033_100001395423031_30385_6782368_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about the video. Nothing more I can do other than try to download it from facebook. I think I will just call it quits. The videos work on my end. I think it all depends on if you have facebook or not. If you are not signed in to facebook it will not show. Unfortunately that seems to be the case. I tried to work my way around that issue but it seems it did not work as I thought it should. Since I did not upload the videos I can not really do much other than illegally go and download it and reupload it on youtube.

Did the photos show up this time?

Last edited:
Back