3rd party batteries

Hello guys.

What's your opinion about 3rd party batteries?

I have a Canon 70D with the original battery but i need more, and the price of 3rd party one is half or less but maybe it's too risky and it's better to go for the original?

Thanks

Thanks A.D.

I guess i'll just buy the original one, it's expensive but at least i know that i get the real deal and i don't need to stress in some situations thinking if the battery will work fine.

Depends how you shoot really. I mostly use mine for stills so I easily get all day out of even the cheapest of them unless im using the rear screen a lot. But when I do shoot vid for instance they crap out in half the time of the Canons. I suppose in both regards they still work out good value for money, but then it becomes a race to keep them recharged and so on.

Back to the Duracell ones again, given they are a third of the price of the Canons (and pretty much guaranteed to be on the inside what they say they are) they seem like a very wise buy. As I said though, only time will tell, and mine are too new to advise here. Their batteries have always been famously excellent though and I have no reason to doubt these won't be either.

I just shoot video.

Yes, i also have a Duracell one for my Canon HF S20, but i cant tell for sure because i didn't use it much as i rarely use that camera now. I have no complaints from the times i use it though.

I didn't know they make it for DSLR too, but i'm searching and they do.
Definitely worth a try and i'm reading positive reviews about it and it's so much cheaper!

EDIT: There is also bad reviews, even from people using it with 70D. So, original battery all the way!

Last edited:
Back