• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

3 Point Lighting Help?

Hi All,
I'm looking for some advice on lighting for interviews, with classic 3 point lighting. A Key, Fill and hair lights.
I'm looking at the Aputure 672 LED panels. However, what I don't know is which models to use for which purposes. I'm not really interested in the variable colour temperature model, just the Spot and Wide angle models.
However which models would you use for which purpose? Do I need two wides and a spot? or Two spots and a wide?
Regards and thanks
J

Hi All,
I'm looking for some advice on lighting for interviews, with classic 3 point lighting. A Key, Fill and hair lights.
I'm looking at the Aputure 672 LED panels. However, what I don't know is which models to use for which purposes. I'm not really interested in the variable colour temperature model, just the Spot and Wide angle models.
However which models would you use for which purpose? Do I need two wides and a spot? or Two spots and a wide?
Regards and thanks
J

One bright one, two less bright. The less bright ones are the hair and fill so you don't need to spend money.

I have a 3-point LED setup exactly like this where the key is a colour-balanced Bowens (£800 GBP new) and the other two are cheap, Chinese panels, albeit without the green tinge.

Depends how you like to light. The light output of those spots are almost double that of the wide, and are, as their name suggests, a lot more 'spotty' than the wide.

This can be good or bad, depending on how you like to light.

Back