• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 16mm B&W Reversal film

hey,

after watching this, and some of your earlier stuff after, I have to say that you really improved your vision for interesting camera angles and rhythm. 16 mm looks always more interesting to me than video, so I enjoyed the visuals that you presented. Sometimes the pictures seem a little underexposed though...was it very difficult to light the scenes? I never worked with actual film, but it probably need much more light than video. Some other shots are perfectly lit though...I like the dramatic visual language a lot.

Thanks a lot man! I actually didn't have much of a problem lighting the scenes because I knew exactly how it would turn out based on my f/stops. The thing that made everything darker was the telecine transfer from film to miniDV. Since I had half of my shots outside and half indoors, the lighting indoors was darker overall. I edited the actual film print version too, and running it through the projector looks so much better. And those older videos are joke videos haha but thanks for taking the time to watch!

Wonderfully creative, very spooky and surreal, scary, creepy and dark !!! the music and sounds were well done.

Too dark visually sometimes, needed some voices or dialog even some voiceovers even if they don't match to give it punch. The video was too long without adding some punch to it to create more interest.

I still give it a thumbs up ! keep going !

You inspired me to do some things on a dark, surreal short I have been working on. I promise, I won't copy you.

Thanks man. Yeah I after I transferred the film to miniDV, the overall footage became darker. It was for a class and it had to be a silent narrative, so I didn't add any VO. I'm still debating if I should add any in or not. But thanks for the feedback!

Ok.. for class....It would be spooky w/ some voices fading in and out, even reverse them, have people laughing. I love the look of film, just cannot afford it.

Yeah it was almost $200 just to process it, which is a bummer because it looks so gorgeous. I think I'll work on some voice-over dialogue to add in to keep the audience interested.

Back