• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

screenplay 101 Greatest Screenplays Of The 21st Century According to the WGA

101 Greatest Screenplays Of The 21st Century: Horror Pic Tops Writers Guild’s List

“As voted upon by the members of the Writers Guilds West and East, the list of the 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (so far) is both a celebration of the great writers and screenplays of the last 21 years and a study of how writing for the screen has evolved and diversified since the 20th Century,” said Aaron Mendelsohn, chair of WGAW’s Publicity & Marketing Committee, which conceived the Guilds’ latest 101 list.

Really bridesmaids at number 12??
Does anyone here think that Bridesmaides is a better screenplay than Mean Girls, Juno, Nightcrawler?

Strange list but speaking of kirsten wiig her movie Hateship Loveship had a excellent script.
I also really liked The Drop, Mollys Game, idk not gonna sit here and brainstorm but those are a few off the top of my head.

Really bridesmaids at number 12??
Does anyone here think that Bridesmaides is a better screenplay than Mean Girls, Juno, Nightcrawler?

Strange list but speaking of kirsten wiig her movie Hateship Loveship had a excellent script.
I also really liked The Drop, Mollys Game, idk not gonna sit here and brainstorm but those are a few off the top of my head.
I don't agree with A LOT ON THAT LIST. LOL.

I always put Dr. Strangelove near the top of any movie related list. It introduced me, years ago, to the giddy joys of black humor. I also like Shakespeare in Love a lot. To move from lampoon to real emotional power is, to me, a near miraculous mixing of genre and tone. I do agree with No Country for Old Men. I love an adaptation that respects, even honors, the source. Mr. McCarthy's book reads like a screenplay.

Last edited:
In 10 years, half these movies will be off this list, forgotten. and relegated to the 99 cent movie bin at Walmart.

Does Walmart even have a 99 cent bin any more, or am I showing my age?

Back