movies Halloween

Like this schmuck ?
Einstein GIF

I disagree with a lot of what you said. People can think totally differently, and be a brain surgeon, and pretty much everyone will say hey that guy must be pretty smart. or if you came out of your garage with a cure of all cancers, i think basically everyone would recognize you as intelligent.

A lot of what you're talking about is you want people to give you respect without doing things that are worthy of respect, and humans just aren't logical creatures. They're never gonna put you up on a pedestal over everyone else they know unless you have a very clear and demonstratable accomplishment that proves it beyond a shadow of doubt.

And even then, sometimes you get very smart people that speak out of their field of expertise and they get caught slippin, so you could point a finger there, but hey we all make mistakes, and like mara said its about hteir ability to take on information in other cateogires and learn it if they will it so
Yeah, exactly like Einstein.

People filed him into a post office to clerk. Then elected Hitler president of a country. He eventually became famous, but for much of his life he was unknown, underappreciated, and paid less that than whoever could punch the hardest.

And you're naming the most famous scientist in history. Now name the 20th most famous scientist in history. How about the 50th famous rapper? We know that one. It's Akon right? The super genius who sang "She thick yo" or "bitches aint nothin". As my formula predicts, Akon was rewarded far more than Einstein ever was.

Akon has a net worth of 60 million dollars.

For what he contributed to the world, Einstein should have been one of the wealthiest people ever to have lived. Yet, at the time of his death in 1955, his net worth amassed to a total of $65,000.

So as I was saying, we shoved the smartest person alive into a broom closet, and just made it rain for Hitler, who, if you read the histories, such as "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" you'll note that he was mainly elected to be the richest person in Germany, because he shouted the loudest. They really didn't have PA systems back then, at least not good ones, and his speeches actually got heard by more people, because he was screaming all the time, and his voice carried in the long table beer halls factory workers in Germany went to after work.

I mean, this example of the brain surgeon is classic people think. The title has the word brain in it so they must be smart. Basically, surgery is surgery. There are more complex surgeries, sure, but stitching thread in a tight space, or recognizing a swollen parietal lobe is not on the same level of difficulty as landing a rocket on the moon. You do have to be very good at surgery to become a brain surgeon, but it's really about the life and death stakes inherent in those surgeries, and the surgeons level of responsibility in those situations, rather than the actual intellectual difficulty of the job itself. People don't understand that, and they take the higher pay scale as evidence that we're talking about a job that takes massive intellect. I don't think any stupid people become brain surgeons, but keep in mind that your perception of a horse doctor and a human brain surgeon are probably very distorted. One gets paid 40x what the other one does, so maybe they're super smart. Most of them are, I'm just examining the logic that makes that an ASSUMPTION. Let's look at the actual surgeries brain surgeons perform, not the name, not the pay, the actual work.

So let's say the patient suffers from a brain aneurism. That's something brain surgeons sometimes handle. The process involves feeding a catheter with a rounded tip into an artery, typically in the groin, and slowly feeding it through the tube until It can reach the aneurism.

But that sounds easy right, pushing a wire through a tube. You'll also need several hundred thousand dollars worth of gear, to be able to see where the wire is in the vein. You'll need experience in understanding the visual cues you see on that monitor. But I'm still not hearing about any thought processes even half as complex as winning a game of Civ, which takes thousands of correct decisions balancing hundreds of simultaneous factors. I'm pretty sure the machine just beeps if the catheter presses too hard against an arterial wall.

Maybe it's not so simple, and this aneurism can't be solved with a coiling procedure. Time to get into a real surgery, a craniectomy. In this surgery, which is the one you see in tv and movies, a small area of the skull is perforated, cut and then removed. You have to be really careful, but action for action, it takes no more actual brain power that carefully cutting out any other type of square. They have specialized tools that make the procedure safe, but extreme focus and a steady hand are absolutely required. Still not hearing about those differential equations that local professors have to do all the time for lower middle class wages.

Now it's time to actually go into the brain and do one of several things, We can drain fluid with a hose, now guided by a robot arm in many cases, with the key factor being an extremely expensive monitoring system that allows them to see exactly where the tube goes. Vacuum up excess fluid, allow swelling to go down, and then replace bone flap later. There are some that require sewing, and the really hard one is tumor removal, which is quite a task, and anyone who does it has my respect.

Do you understand my point though? Everyone said brain surgeons were really smart, and I'm sure they are, but if you actually quit relying on heuristics, and boil this down to actual measurable things, I think we give insane amounts of credit for relatively small endeavors on a regular basis. None of this is meant to say brain surgeons don't need to learn and comprehend virtually everything about a complex field to be effective, but when I'm watching someone vacuum water out of a hole they drilled, no, I'm not blown away by how far beyond me they are. I do understand the background, study, and everything needed to be in that position in the first place. The 4 years pre med, the 4 years at med, the 1 year internship, and the 7 years residency. Like I said earlier, intelligence is a consideration for that job, and stupid people won't make it, but the main consideration is your track record of absolute reliability, so that you can be put into a situation where mistakes cost lives. That's why brain surgeons get paid so much.

What about real estate. Let's compare apples to apples. We have two real estate moguls. One takes a single dollar bill, doubles it, doubles that, and through a long chain of genius moves, amasses enough money to buy a skyscraper. Once he's there, he's holding all the cards, and can just basically turn the knob until the meter says profitable. The other accomplishes the exact same thing, but he doesn't need any brains. Dad gave him the money, he bought the skyscraper, and now money is gaining on autopilot.

So which one is the talented one? Which one is the genius? Obviously the younger one, who was able to accomplish the same feat in less time. If the guy who doubled his money each year in a down market was smart, he'd have crossed the finish line first. See the problem with Heuristics? Now let's add in some intentional deception. While guy number two is carefully mapping out his next purchase, guy number one is using the rent from his skyscraper to buy signs with his name on them, and hang them on other skyscrapers for a fee. Now he looks twice as big to the public, and he's actually loosing money on that fake sign, but he'll get it back, because all of us will be fooled, and you'll hand it to him as tribute for his greatness, evidenced by his hard work acquiring not one but two skyscrapers. Now in our perception, the person with the least amount of actual real estate prowess, appears to have twice as much success, by which we measure intellect, as a genuine real estate prodigy who came from noting and worked hard and smart.

Are brain surgeons all geniuses? Maybe, but I can tell you this much, you don't find many brain surgeons from families without the money to send a kid through 16 years of medical training. Was every person who wasn't born without a spare million simply not smart enough to make it? So again, we sorted who could even have the chance to appear intelligent to us, by income, which is just really stupid. Try that in the NBA, just only let rich kids apply, and soon the game will normalize to that input feed, and you'll all be calling 4 foot tall Jaden a basketball genius and telling little Kareem Abdul Jabar that he needs to get serious about his future and learn to wait tables, a job fitting for his talents.

Lastly, my points weren't about me. I'm just talking about the role misperceptions of intelligence based on stereotypes play in our society.

Success isn't a good measure of intelligence. It's a measure, and sometimes it's correct, maybe even most of the time, but it's a flawed system for assigning credibility for the above reasons.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what point your making actually, it seems like you keep moving the goalpost and the whole dicussion is pointless and fruitless

First you said nobody ever recognizes genius above 30 IQ points, and i said einstein, and then youre like.. yeah but nobody recogonized his genius until he was like 26 and started publishing papers. .. well yeah isn't htat EXACTLY the point i already made?? that people dont recognize 'genius' just cause you talk big, they recognize genius from ACCOMPLISHMENTS such as the papers that he published and the knowledge he realized.

Also you said nobody recognizs people being smart, and i said sure everyone thinks brain surgeons are smart, and you went into this whole thing about what brain surgeons do for a living, just to end up at, yeah brain surgeons are all smart. but they get paid if they're smart enough to anticipate problems and not mess up surgeries and have a good track record.

IDK what we're even talking about anymore.
My only point was that the whole world isn't a bunch of haters and if you can do something great people do acknowledge it as well as the mental capacity that it took to create it. All the time you hear people throw around the word 'genius' talking about artists or writers or directors or whatever, and those people aren't actual geniuses, they're just smart and talented and maybe a little lucky, but people have no problem lavishing praise on their intellect.

kinda reminds me of that scene in Ip Man 1 where the guy is training with Ip Man and talking like, this move, does this, and I'm gonna attack and defend at the same time, and Ip Man is just like... stop talking about theory and attack me. True understanding is in action taken, and true intelligence is the application of intelligence.

I'm not really sure what point your making actually, it seems like you keep moving the goalpost and the whole dicussion is pointless and fruitless

First you said nobody ever recognizes genius above 30 IQ points, and i said einstein, and then youre like.. yeah but nobody recogonized his genius until he was like 26 and started publishing papers. .. well yeah isn't htat EXACTLY the point i already made?? that people dont recognize 'genius' just cause you talk big, they recognize genius from ACCOMPLISHMENTS such as the papers that he published and the knowledge he realized.

Also you said nobody recognizs people being smart, and i said sure everyone thinks brain surgeons are smart, and you went into this whole thing about what brain surgeons do for a living, just to end up at, yeah brain surgeons are all smart. but they get paid if they're smart enough to anticipate problems and not mess up surgeries and have a good track record.

IDK what we're even talking about anymore.
My only point was that the whole world isn't a bunch of haters and if you can do something great people do acknowledge it as well as the mental capacity that it took to create it. All the time you hear people throw around the word 'genius' talking about artists or writers or directors or whatever, and those people aren't actual geniuses, they're just smart and talented and maybe a little lucky, but people have no problem lavishing praise on their intellect.
Yeah, that turned into a bit of a rant. My main issue is the the bias to see success as a strong indicator of intelligence causes a great deal of harm. There's a lot of ways to be successful, and many of them do not require intellect. So we as a society get a lot of false positives when using one metric to gauge another.

Today, it's not so much about who has the best story, as who can afford to have their voice heard. So when we constantly supply the resources needed to succeed only to people who are already rich or famous, often for dubious reasons, it basically throws everyone else that actually had value to contribute under the bus. No success means no funding means no success means no funding, in an eternal loop, creating a caste system, a society where your destiny is chosen at birth.

It seems you might have missed one point. Einstein was never "recognized". People called him smart, and valued his contributions, but we never really paid him the way we pay Miley Cyrus. Our entire world revolves around money as a way to judge a person's value, their significance. He got the shaft so bad that a NYC waiter gets paid more in a year than this guy had at the end of a lifetime of "public appreciation" Tesla was functionally greater than Einstein, but died alone in a hotel room while some football player was drowning in friends and money. Van Gough died in poverty while a person with not even a shard of his ability ruled the land from a castle, admired by millions.

I wouldn't be so pissed off about all of it, except you see, we should have given Einstein money, by which I mean freedom, agency, control over his own life, since it's all one thing really, but we didn't. We humans gave that to the dumbest, loudest sociopath we could get our hands on. I don't think so much has changed.

This is a filmmaker. They used a camera and shot a scene. It's produced about 5000 dollars. There's 16,000 comments.

By this logic we're discussing, this person who scrubbed a coin with a toothbrush and filmed it on their phone, is a better filmmaker than almost anyone here. If the person who makes this video and I go to an investor, to see which one of us gets the resources to make a film, he can say, I've got millions of views. I can show them my scratch channel, and I've got 50 views. So the system our society uses would have them give the resources to make a film to a guy who knows how to clean a coin, and the resources to clean a coin, to the guy who knows how to make a film.

That's backwards.. System doesn't work.

Albert Einstein received many forms of recognition throughout his life for his contributions to theoretical physics. Here are some key moments:

1. Nobel Prize: In 1921, Einstein received the Nobel Prize in Physics for his explanation of the photoelectric effect, which demonstrated the particle-like properties of light. This was a crucial step in the development of quantum mechanics. The Prize came with a substantial financial reward. As per his divorce settlement with his first wife Mileva Maric, the prize money went to her and their two sons.
  2. Max Planck Medal: In 1929, Einstein received the Max Planck Medal from the German Physical Society for his contributions to theoretical physics and especially his relativity theory.
  3. Copley Medal: In 1925, he was awarded the Copley Medal by the Royal Society of London for his theory of relativity and contributions to quantum theory.
Also it looks like he gave away a lot of money to charity, also the world didn't have the internet back then

This is a filmmaker. They used a camera and shot a scene. It's produced about 5000 dollars. There's 16,000 comments.

By this logic we're discussing, this person who scrubbed a coin with a toothbrush and filmed it on their phone, is a better filmmaker than almost anyone here. If the person who makes this video and I go to an investor, to see which one of us gets the resources to make a film, he can say, I've got millions of views. I can show them my scratch channel, and I've got 50 views. So the system our society uses would have them give the resources to make a film to a guy who knows how to clean a coin, and the resources to clean a coin, to the guy who knows how to make a film.

That's backwards.. System doesn't work.

That's not any logic i've discussed... You're making huge illogical leaps here.
I said extraordinary success is one metric people use to identify intelligence, now you're talking about youtube views equating to a craftmanship, this is apples and oranges. getting views isn't a 'brains operation' and is generally more reliant on being attractive and having charisma

nobody is equating youtube views with intelligence. Pretty sure, like, LITERALLY no one thinks views = intelligence.

Now if youre talking an established, succesful channel over years of operation like Mr. Beast, then that to me speaks of intelligence.
its not just a youtube video its a business. But really who cares what other people think signifies intelligence or not, i keep my own council.

Also -- Not everyone is a tool.
There ARE plenty of intelligent people in the world, who can look at a presentation and business plan and decide for themselves.

Last edited:
That's not any logic i've discussed... You're making huge illogical leaps here.
I said success is one metric people use to identify intellgience, now you're talking about youtube views equating to a craftmanship, this is apples and oranges
It all fits together, I just think you're missing my point. You talk about application of intelligence as the actual value. I agree.

The issue is that many people, in fact I'd say almost everyone smart, have skills that just don't ever work without funding. Elon wouldn't look so smart building cardboard rockets in his back yard, even if his blueprints were the same ones he uses now. You'd laugh at him if he came on here penniless and claimed to have the most advanced rocket technology, even if he actually did. Remember I posted Carl Sagan's most famous quote, one of the great minds of our age, and no one even noticed that the writing was good? It's because you thought it came from me, and I'm not famous, so this really couldn't be anything special. Even though it was. I'm trying, in this discussion, to explain that heuristics have backfired and are now creating an increasingly unfair world that will make victims of us all.

The logic of using existing success as a metric to determine potential, and allocate resources, is one that natively creates vicious cycles that have decimated the world's intellectual potential, and caused innumerable people to live painfully frustrating lives unfairly. It's slowed the development of the world, caused needless death, and put incredibly stupid people in charge of almost everything. It blows my mind what percentage of congress and especially the house is just made up of complete morons from family money.

The first part of the discussion was about how and why idiots heap success on other idiots, and this severely distorts even the limited value that gauging capability by success had. Monster truck drivers are sometimes paid 200-500k per event. I'm friends with a lot of the staff at one of the nations top engineering schools, these people are taking home 50k a year, instead of 500k a night.

Now it's time to decide who's better, who deserves to develop their ideas, who gets a chance. But we already decided that when we paid the dumbest redneck we could find almost 3000x as much as we did the professor of applied physical sciences. That's how our future turned into a tire fire.

Since this is all getting tangled and rantish, and you're not wrong, I was slipping there for a bit, and I knew it. I'll just cut to the disaster caused by only giving money to people with money. This way it's not personal, not about film, not about any specific thing. People saw success, which is created by combining 10% talent and intelligence, and 90% funding, as the metric to base investment on. Soon only funded people could ever get funding, and this is what happened to the world.

This is a chart below, of the American dream vanishing, and this perceptual bias that only those with money have really proved that they deserve even one opportunity, is at the very core of why it happened. If Einstein was born today, I think he'd have real trouble getting noticed, and he'd probably be fetching drinks for Jake Paul. Or Uncle Phil from Duck Dynasty. He'd be asking for money for a particle collider, and we'd all just laugh and laugh. This idiot that's fetching Phil's drinks thinks he's a scientist. Where's your science machine nerd? HAHAHA Oh yeah, you aint got one cuz you wasn't smart enough to make no duck whistle. You'd never see him in the news, or even learn his name. Just a shadow behind the real genius, a hillbilly that inherited the rights to a duck whistle.

I'm curious. You seem to have a great deal of respect for Einstein. no worries, me too. Einstein had an estimated IQ of around 160. I'd say it was probably considerably higher, maybe 180. How many people today do you know that got the same score or higher, and can you name one? Surely you've subscribed to at least a few on facebook, since they are treated well and recognized for their accomplishments. I noticed that there was no explanation given for why Akon, a guy that couldn't win a spelling bee against a 5th grader, was in possession of almost 1000 times the wealth (that's power to prove your ideas legitimate) of a super genius.

My entire point of this conversation was to demonstrate how we route all the resources to a small group of mostly dumb people, and then gaslight the geniuses because they can't accomplish anything with the money we DIDN'T give them. "Stop hitting yourself nerd, stop hitting yourself, hahahaha nerds are stupid, Delta Kai high five!"

See the bomb slowly falling on all of us in the chart here? This was caused by the logic I'm arguing about.

1688341161200.png

It all fits together, I just think you're missing my point. You talk about application of intelligence as the actual value. I agree.

I mean.. surely youre not saying the application of intelligence has anything to do with a guy getting a bunch of views on one of his youtube vids?
Still missing whatever point you were trying to make about some guy randomly getting a viral video (the basis for the peacock pitch perfect spinoff series Bumper in Berlin starring Adam Devine)

I highly doubt that einstein would be fetching coffee either lol, i hope you're just being glib.
I doubt I know anyone thats smarter than einstein, and I know some pretty damn smart people.

re: the graph
Youre talking about people in the 1940s, their parents were in the great depression, of course they're doing better, and then every generation since benefitted from a lot of advancements in technology and the decimation of germany and japan in ww2. Hard to buy german cars after we bombed them right, so everyone bought american. shit like that.

The world is different now, and that chart to me, with people born in Gen X, it looks like for the medium income about half do better than their parents and half do worse.

am i reading that chart right ?

Last edited:
I hear ya... I really do. My mother and father were ex-cons. My dad did 9 years in Vacaville and San Quentin -- my mother -- a little over two years in Tehachapi.

I only mention this to make note that I didn't grow up like most if not all the friends I had in school. I would be invited to their homes for whatever reason and both SEE and EXPERIENCE a completely different way of life than what I had.

And? I preferred it to my own life but I couldn't do anything about that. Both my brother and I honest-to-God figured and assumed we'd either both end up dead or in prison one day because of the way were raised. As it turned out? My brother took his own life because of how we were raised.

What a lot of people do not realize when people like us are raised by ex-cons who never really got rehabilitated... The mundane is no longer the mundane... My brother and I couldn't even walk into a bank without a bit of recon while we stood in line. Why? We certainly weren't going to rob the place but it's just a different way of thinking that I believe came straight from our environment. We become a lot like coyotes which I have studied quite often in the wild. They are opportunists. We were brought up to be opportunists. Our parents were opportunists.

But back to staying sane... That's why my brother chose to join the Air Force and I chose to join the Navy. Quite frankly? My brother didn't really care what kind of job he got in the Air Force. What he cared about most was being able to eat three meals a day because we certainly never ate three meals a day growing up. Sometimes we'd get lucky and eat dinner three or four times a week.

Lunch at school? Oh hell no. But we did get to see how the normal (at least what we considered normal) got to live and we definitely saw the benefits to being normal as opposed to being and staying opportunists.

We didn't have a lot of choices so we went military and even though I hated the first several years of it? I knew intrinsically, it was going to help straighten out my thinking at least to a degree because of the routine, the rules, etc.

Unfortunately, my brother didn't fare well... After three years? The Air Force kicked him out. He simply couldn't conform and to be honest? I never did either but I learned enough to realize and know I NEEDED TO GIVE THE ILLUSION OF BEING CONFORMED.

It was quite honestly... The most difficult 21 years of my life.

In other words? I quite agree with you. It takes a lot to stay sane... LOL. For me too.
Obviously todays discussion has proved that I'm teetering on the edge at times. lol.

Thanks for sharing your story, it's interesting.

I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, I'm sure that was very painful.

I'm glad you made it though, it sounds like you've walked a long road, and remained in possession of your wits.

You know we all think you're one of the smartest and most together people here right? It's common knowledge.

Knowing this backstory, it's all the more impressive that you've spent your time helping others here, and taken your craft to the level you have.

I mean.. surely youre not saying the application of intelligence has anything to do with a guy getting a bunch of views on one of his youtube vids?
Still missing whatever point you were trying to make about some guy randomly getting a viral video (the basis for the peacock pitch perfect spinoff series Bumper in Berlin starring Adam Devine)

I highly doubt that einstein would be fetching coffee either lol, i hope you're just being glib.
I doubt I know anyone thats smarter than einstein, and I know some pretty damn smart people.

re: the graph
Youre talking about people in the 1940s, their parents were in the great depression, of course they're doing better, and then every generation since benefitted from a lot of advancements in technology and the decimation of germany and japan in ww2. Hard to buy german cars after we bombed them right, so everyone bought american. shit like that.

The world is different now, and that chart to me, with people born in Gen X, it looks like for the medium income about half do better than their parents and half do worse.

am i reading that chart right ? it's kind of confusing. I don't understand why all the Y-axis numbers don't hit 100% at X=0
Why does the green line dip back down?

On the one hand it looks like 40% of GenX people are making less money than their parents overall? so 60% would be making more, but the chart doesn't go up to 100 lol. I'm not one of those genius's we're talking about, i must be missing something obvious, cause i thought percent was supposed to be out of 100
Forget the viral video, I was trying to make a point, but it's actually adding confusion rather than subtracting it, so, debate wise, I'll mark that down as a loss. I'm saying that people can't do real things without funding, and if everybody is so dense that they send the GNP to a 12 year old playing minecraft or a guy polishing a coin, none of us will ever produce a good film, and we're fucked. Then we have to put up with people saying, "well, if you'd been a good filmmaker, you'd have made it" because they have mentally boiled down this thing with 400 moving parts to a phrase they heard on tv. I'd reference that academy award winning screenwriter you posted a while back. Was it his fault, or did idiots half as good as he was hand each other all the money there was, and then bullshit him about how they wish they could give him a shot, but just didn't have any money. Did you know they actually fucked with Kubrick in the same way. He wanted to make AI, and they stalled him on it until he died. That was supposed to be a Kubrick film. No smart person is safe from the ocean of morons that will some day devour them.

The chart

keep in mind that this is occurring in a climate of INCREASING resources. That chart wouldn't look so bad if there wasn't ten times as much to go around, and almost everyone getting less and less every year.

The left hand numbers on the chart represent how many people are earning more than their parents. It's at the very top, and I didn't notice it the first time, and was kind of puzzled by the chart. The descent seems slow, but for one thing, it's constant, and for another thing, it's deceptive in that it underrepresents how skewed division of rewards for contributing to society is becoming.

The lower one is basically a rating of your inheritance, your family's fiscal position. It's diving down at 100 because no kids make more than the richest parents in the world, as the fortune is their main income, and it's divided by more than 2 usually. Often grandkids are in play by the time the inheritance kicks in. It's not at 100 at x 0 because the poorest of us got poorer over time, relative to the national economy. Much of this is due to politicians refusing to raise minimum wage along with annual inflation. It's just grade school math, but following my earlier arguments, we like to elect people that can't do grade school math. Going from 10 an hour to 11 an hour in a year with 10% inflation for example IS NOT A RAISE, that's just keeping the wage exactly the same. But like I said, they're not too bright, so more than half of them just got angry and essentially cut the salary of all minimum wage workers as many years as they were in office, every year, by keeping it fixed at the same number, as the currency devalued.

This really needs a couple more graphs to show the same thing from a few angles, I was lazy and grabbed the first one I found that illustrated my point. Basically this tells a story of declining social mobility, the core metric by which we judge each new American's chances at the American Dream, which is commonly defined as leaving your family with a better life than you had. It's actually a pretty nice dream. I asked one of my bosses a few years back how much of his millions he'd leave for his kids. I swear to god he said "Fuck em". Jesus Steve. So maybe things have changed. It shows post war america, with the boom and the Dream was alive and kicking. Everyone doing great. And you gave some accurate reasons. It was a golden age. Then the boomers. They got less of a share of wealth, but the wealth was always growing. Technology. It's kind of new in the scope of humanity. 10 ears of corn for an hour of labor, no make that 100, wait 1000. And here's the line you don't see on that graph. The amount of wealth America actually had available to share. It's gone up and up and up and up. It's still going up. I'm not talking bank notes, I mean intrinsic wealth. How cheap can we build the same quality house, how much corn per hour, everything. Nasa's computing power from the 80s in a high school kid's telephone.

I'll be honest, I got off track mid day, with a bunch of my standard issue digressions, and muddled the argument a lot. Bad debating, and my fault. If I get wound up about some pet peeve, sometimes the quality of my writing suffers.

I tried to bring it back into focus in that last post, but I'm not sure we're advancing the discussion fast enough to allow me to complete it today. I'm just kind of tired, and honestly, it's a big topic that, if I'm not being lazy, takes a lot of work to really plot out. It's important though. I see strong evidence that we're playing on a tilted table, and have been since I was born, and this graph clearly shows a day coming when all the marbles roll to their side of the table, and there are none left for any of us.

You definitely know people that have a higher recorded IQ score than Einstein's estimate. You just don't recognize them. Part of this whole rant was about how people don't really know how to spot potential, and fall back on conventual wisdom, which says if you should have made it you would have made it. It's a flawed logic based on the perception that the world is more order than chaos, and that every legacy is superior to every newcomer. It's basically leftover social training from the monarchy days.

I know what you're thinking, how could I know people smarter than the most famous scientist in the world. It's a valid question, and it makes sense, and I understand your logic. In short, 4 main things.

1. Standing on the shoulders of giants. Even without reading their theories directly, we all grew up in a world partially shaped by the intellect of the great minds that came before us. Even on a purely intuitive level, the modern person starts out with some of the advantages their intellectual predecessors instantiated. The written word was the genesis of mankind's journey into intelligence, and over time, it can stack buffs, and it has.

2. Nutrition. It's a lot better than it used to be, and IQ scores were rising globally until social media. They're even higher now that everyone just cheats, lol.

3. Invisibility through numbers. They don't stand out as much because there are way more of them. Put a white swan in a green pond, and try to spot it. Hard not to see it right? It really stands out, it's special, and you should take a photo and write a news story. Now dump 100 white swans into the pond. Which one is the "special one"? No need for it to be celebrated any more, it's rarity made it stand out, now that's gone.

4. Scorched Earth. How many times can one discover gravity? How about breaking the sound barrier. The 4 minute mile? There is no second sound barrier to break, so even if you go faster than the sound barrier, you still can't get the credit that the slower guy did when he broke the only seal there ever was or would be. A person might be smart enough to discover relativity today, without having known about it in the past, but if they did, it would not make the news, so an equal or even greater intelligence than Einstein's would likely go unnoticed.

Here's a video that shows what's happening pretty clearly. The causes of this are many, and what I've been ranting about all day is just one of them, though it's the one that it's important for our people to know about. The social construct that tells us we should at least in part value people based on their wealth. By value I mean pay more. You can see how the cycle works. The richer you get, the more they pay you. Then you are richer. Then they pay you more. It only ends when one person has all the freedom and power in the world, and no one else has anything.

Attachments

• 1688352761363.png
    1688352761363.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I get all that about the wealth inequality, etc, but america is still a place where a GENIUS level smart person can grow up here and make great money. Like around here, all you have to do is be straight edge and program for cyber security and you can make $280,000 a year and theres TONS of people doing it. Fuck, my brother started his own company to do just that and now he employs a lot of them!!

My dad showed me a spreadsheet of his finances once from back in the late 90s, holy fuck we were poor, the marine corps doesn't pay a lot of money. he grew up in a poor ass trailer park and graduated high school at 16, went right into the marines as soon as he could, retired early as an officer, and then went into the business world and became a CEO.

You want to talk about genius level intelligent people cant make it, look at north korea... you're fucked if you live there, you join the military or you starve. There's lots of other countries in between, there are some green grass lookin utopia countries too, but USA is no where close to the great depression.

I get it, it's not the dot com boom that it was 20 years ago, but if you have a solid plan to make money there are tons of people that will invest in it to make that money with you. that's basically all rich people want to do is make more money, thats exactly their language.

I know one guy, when online poker was becoming popular, he wrote his own computer program to analyze the screen and then play poker across tons of tables, got like 100k a month just with his program playing for him. Probably harder ot do that now, maybe not, idk, its just one example of a thousand stories that are out there. And even if you dont strike it rich, just being a defense contractor you can save up for a nice retirement easy.

Last edited:
Damn, y'all broke the internet, took me two days to fix it.

Not sure if a joke but checking lol!

Back