• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Official: Curse of the Invisible Man

f2a5296e.jpg

Poster by M.David Carrillo

Here is the Official thread for my entry for the compeition, Curse of the Invisible Man.

Check it out, let me know what you think of it, vote for it if you like it. Just enjoy it! I hope you have as much fun watching it as much as I had fun putting it together. :pop:

Last edited:
Love the poster man, it reminds me of the poster for The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera...don't know if that's what you're going for, but its still rockin.

RyGuy

Thanks guy for the nice comments on the poster. David did a great job on it! He did this with watercolor!! Here's his site for more. :D We were going for that classic horror/sci-fi posters of yesteryear. Cadavera did the same with there box art, which I love!

Poke, Good luck with your short as well. ;)

This was an awesome flick.

Was that a real headstone with "Wells" on it that Sophie walks past? Very nice touch.

Not only is Sophie
smiley_fatcat.gif
, but she's a brilliant actress too.

How did you do the invisible struggle at the end? That was very well done. I've just noticed the same effect in the cut just before the actual main shot too. Very effective.

The music is amazing, as well. Was the whole thing scored from a finished edit of the flick? It fits so well... not only in thematics, but time too.

I'm going to have to dig out a copy of the original from my book-boxes. I'd forgotten how sad the story is... and this was a wonderful new (and original) chapter that you've created.

(Btw... I see lots of different "Phillips" in the credits. You have the family helping out, or is it a case of schizophrenia? :lol:

Zensteve said:

Was that a real headstone with "Wells" on it that Sophie walks past? Very nice touch.

Not only is Sophie , but she's a brilliant actress too.

How did you do the invisible struggle at the end? That was very well done. I've just noticed the same effect in the cut just before the actual main shot too. Very effective.

The music is amazing, as well. Was the whole thing scored from a finished edit of the flick? It fits so well... not only in thematics, but time too.

I'm going to have to dig out a copy of the original from my book-boxes. I'd forgotten how sad the story is... and this was a wonderful new (and original) chapter that you've created.

(Btw... I see lots of different "Phillips" in the credits. You have the family helping out, or is it a case of schizophrenia?

Hey Zen, yes it is one Composition wich i composed to the final cut of the flick and it just need a little time fix it perfectly with the film timing but i have done it thats my thing how i compose, directly to the film
I think i worked 2 whole nights on it, don't know exactly the time but it where enough work hours...

Thanks again... :)

here you can listen to the full track:
http://www.florianlinckus.com/TIM.mp3

Last edited:
Zensteve said:

Zen, Good eyes. Yes that's a REAL headstone that says Wells on it. Just something for people to look for and see if they're watching. ;)

The struggle at the end.....my little secret. :cool:

This was great. Nice use of the prop and the line....

Excellent story. Crazy that it was only 5 min....

Very good score Florian.

Poster art is nice too...

This is a great package.

Good luck!

Great work.

This story gets right to the heart of Sci-fi, especially classic sci-fi. Stories likeThe Invisible Man, Frankenstien, or Dr. Jeckell and Mr Hyde all revolve around the question "how will modern science/medicine/technology effect our humanity." You hit that theme right out of the park.

Great job

King Goldfish said:
video effects were cool.. how did you make the toilet paper move? matte/masked FX or wires?

Toilet paper was done on set with wires. But it was Wade Copson's FX that make it. ;)

Thanks everyone for the wonderful reviews. I'm glad you all have enjoyed this little film. :)

Aargh! Well, I acted in this film, but I just saw the finished product for the first time today! The fx, music, and poster art are incredible! The post-production was very nicely done; kudos to you all! It was a fun project to work on and it turned out rather well.

Hope we win!

-Micia

Oh my lord!

It's... her!

:bow:
smiley_fatcat.gif

You did an amazing job in that. How hard was it reacting to "nothing" else in the scenes?

Back