• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Magnamameous Bark & Gigante Chupycabras

Here's Poke and mine's (rule breaking) entry .

Magnamameous Bark & Gigante Chupycabras - A barkologist has his cable access show interrupted by an acquaintance claiming he saw Bigfoot.

Zensteve has been so kind to host it for now, but we should be hosting it hopefully in a week or so.

And please be brutally honest about our short. We want to know what you really think.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys made a really hilarious film.

So many great one-liners, and an over-the-top Brit that was clearly inspired by Monty Python. The rambling side-dialogue that the Barkologist did was neat, too. Kind of off-camera comments caught on tape, like COPS.

The music was top-notch as well... I think you nabbed the board-member "SourMonkey" to do that... worked really well. Excellent tunage.

I liked the camerawork... the "jabbing" in & out from tree to tree (early on) really gave it that feel that those types of TV shows show. Nice touch.

I think the "blown-out sky through trees" is a result of the compression... well, it definitely is. Compared to original mini-DV tape.

Edit: Added a RealPlayer version - "Magnamameous Bark & Gigante Chupycabras"

13mb RealPlayer , for the peeps that can't wait for the 33mb original QuickTime.

Best scene: Bubblegum theories :P
Best line: ...like my ex-wife Barbara... but with a lot less hair.

Last edited:
It was pretty Humorous and Entertaining, except it was a little bit slow in the begining. I loved the part where hes talking about "Base Camp" about a 1/4 mile that way, then its like, 20 feet away, haha.

Funny guys! I like the poop scene :blush:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were to rattle off all the best bits from this flick, I'd have to post the entire script. :lol:

Btw... very nice /nod to Mr Fredericks after the credits, while keeping up with the funnies.
smiley_patriot.gif

Many parts reminded me of the "survivalists", in the '90's Brit tv-show... "The Fast Show".

Great short, funny stuff. I thought the dialog was really well done and funny. My only criticism is that it took a bit too long to get started, it goes for almost a minute with no dialog. My favorite part --- the Critter's reference.

Thats was funny. I enjoyed this short very much. Did you guys film this in someones back yard or did you hike out into the park to film this?

Zensteve said:
Btw... very nice /nod to Mr Fredericks after the credits, while keeping up with the funnies.
That was kinda a coincidence because we shot that before his accident...But we were going for a Blair Witch Feel there.

ahab said:
My favorite part --- the Critter's reference.
I was wondering if anyone would get that.

King Goldfish said:
Thats was funny. I enjoyed this short very much. Did you guys film this in someones back yard or did you hike out into the park to film this?
Kinda both. Poke's parents live out in the country and they are surrounded by wooded areas. We shot at their house. So some a scenes are literally the backyard, and for the others, we hiked around in the woods and found locations.

Thanks for all the complements!

Okay, sorry I haven't commented as of yet ... I was in Amarillo for the weekend visiting my sister-in-law and her man, my future brother-in-law (first time I've gotten a chance to meet him). Anyway, it's a nice surprise to come back and find so many nice things said about this little piece of dink. If you haven't been a visitor to the whole ITOC forum before hand, you might not know that this was written and shot in a little over 24 hours. I'm very proud of it, even with it's little "problems" (really, you people don't find all that crappy tree action funny!?).

I like the fact that so many are actually "getting" our humor. I was afraid it would leave everyone scratching their heads (not as afraid as Goat was, but he's a big wuss anyway). This is our first project in forever (when God was handing out drive, we thought he said jive, and we didn't none o' dat!), and it's a hard thing, showing everyone what an idiot you can be.

As I've told Zen, we were going for a little bit of a Python feel to Bill (A side note: I serenaded my wife with Monty Python songs during the entire drive of the trip that I proposed to her on, yet she still said "yes". Wonders will never cease.), and I think Goat was going for a bit of a David Cross feel to Bob, but don't hold me to that (I never really know what is going on in that dude's head). And I see that at least one person got the Critter's ref, so there is at least one other person that stores useless knowledge like we do.

I wish that I had planned the PS as a nod to Neal, that would make me look like one hell of a guy. But as Goat has already mentioned, it is a bit of a happy accident. But all the same, that guy changed the way people looked at movies, and if this little project can be thought of as some sort of homage, then I'm all for that.

Thanks for all the comments. Zen you do have the early lead, but you will go down my friend!

Poke

Last edited:
indietalk said:
Welcome back Poke!

Thanks. I had a really good time up there in Amarillo. My soon to be bro-in-law is a really good guy, I'm glad I took the time to meet him.

Now,

I'd like to post a link to Zen's entry. Mainly because he keeps linking to ours on his thread and I think his "phony" niceness is the reason he is in the lead (that and African American Voter Disenfrachisement in FLA - Fuckin' Jeb!).

Also, cause his entry is really hilarious!!! And the guy in it is soooooooooo hot!

But he doesn't have a nude scene with Jennifer Anniston like we do.

VOTE BARK!!!

Poke

Last edited:
Getting Jen (I call her Jen cause we've been good friends for so long) to do the nude scene as a chupycabra was a little tough at first. But once I told her that she would be competing in this contest against Zensteve, she jumped at it. Apparently she asked Zensteve out once and he rejected her.

Poke

Poke and Goat....Good job guys! I love this type of humor. Great comedy writing and timing of the lines. You 2 make a good team. Some of the one liners were great!:lol: The nods to different things was cool as well. All in all I really enjoyed this. I would like to get both this and Zen entry on a DVD someday. :yes:

Thanks King. Me and Goat (mostly Goat) are working on a DVD. Don't know the future of it, but we're working on it. Maybe we can create an ITOC DVD with both shorts on it.

Poke

HailtotheKing said:
I would like to get both this and Zen entry on a DVD someday. :yes:

Once we get the DVD finalized, I'll let you know.

Zensteve said:
Sure. I need to mail back your mini-DV tape... I'll pop "1958" onto it, before I do. :cheers:

Actually, you don't need to send that back. I made a few copies just to be safe. But if you want to send it back with 1958 on it, fine by me.

Back