• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Guerilla Cage looking for content

Now sourcing content for our July launch, www.guerrillacage.com is a website created by independent filmmakers for all independent content providers. Many independent distribution labels take advantage of the Independent Filmmaker by locking the film into an exclusive contract, then eating up the payout with line item charges that are highly suspect. Even more often with online distribution outlets masquerading as "self-distribution" the filmmaker is stripped of 50% of the take right off the bat.

At Guerilla Cage we expressly have the interest of the independent in mind. We’re not looking to tie you down: there are no contracts to post content and you retain all rights to your content. We are explicitly non-exclusive.

You maintain the control over your content by setting your price per download from our Pricing Schedule, and you receive 100% of the price that you set. We add a user fee of $1.49 for maintenance and services. And Guerilla Cage pays directly into your PayPal account for every download, or we can cut you a check.

At Guerilla Cage there are no exclusivity agreements. No contracts. No 50-50 split of your profits. No subscriptions and no monthly fees.

Submitting to Guerilla Cage is a simple three-step process:

Step 1: Fill out the registration form
Registration is a simple process where you give us your biographical information and some information about your content (title, length, genre, etc.).

Step 2: Upload your content
During our BETA phase, we are waiving our posting fee and we will load your content at no charge. The best way to do this right now is for you to send us a DVD of your content, as well as any associated print media such as poster art.

Step 3: Set Price-Per-Download
You set a purchase price per download from our pricing schedule. It is important to be realistic when pricing. Follow the suggestions on the drop-down menu on the sign-up form and you’ll be fine. Remember: don’t price yourself out of the market!

For every purchase of your content, payment is made directly to you via PayPal or check. Pricing is determined by you, and you receive 100% of your asking price.

That’s it! Simple. As soon as we receive your content, we will upload it to Guerilla Cage and it will become available online. To submit content visit www.guerrillacage.com

We don't limit our content, or yours. We are looking for Features, Shorts, Web Series, comedy concerts, anything that you own the rights to and want to have seen.

Visit us at www.guerillacage.com for more information! We're looking for all content: features, shorts, documentaries, web-series, comedy concerts and so on. All content welcome!

This explains why you accept shorts -- something very, very few people will ever pay to watch.

True, but short films still need a showcase. The terms are non-exclusive, so if a content provider wants their short out there for free, they can have it out on Youtube or some other forum as well.

Part of our model is to build compilations out of shorts with similar subject material, essentially creating a viable feature-length anthology piece. This is of course with the permission of all content providers contributing, with the payment distributed evenly.

How much money are you spending on marketing to bring users to your website?

We're currently in our BETA phase, and we are sourcing content to fulfill a comprehensive catalog and then we will implement the marketing strategy including pay ads and SEM. The marketing at this early phase will consist of front page advertising on our Facebook page, Twitter, and other social media. Additionally we will be promoting the site at upcoming film festivals. The networking from all content providers as well as our efforts will effectively drive traffic until a budget for advertising and marketing is established.

Last edited:
Welcome to indietalk.

One thing I have seen over my years here is platform similar to yours
coming and going. Great idea - not so great execution. I love your idea.
What concerns me is what sfoster brought up; getting people to your
site so they can find and pay to watch my movie. That is the difficult
part. Your 100% of the price that the filmmaker sets is very nice. Even
the small user fee is reasonable. But for me to offer my movie to
your platform I need to know that you will be doing the marketing to
drive people to your site (and my movie). Otherwise there are dozens
of other places I could park my movie and do all the marketing.

I hope yours works. We filmmakers need a place to get out films seen.
and better yet a place where people will PAY to watch films.

That's exactly why we're putting Guerilla Cage together. As I wrote, we're currently in our BETA phase. Content is the most important thing before we can execute our comprehensive marketing. In addition to Facebook , Twitter etc., festival promotions, Pay ads, SEM, we will be offering other services on the site: Bulletin Boards for posting upcoming shoots & a Crew database, both indexed geographically. Our version of Crowd Funding service and more. We have interviews lined up for a blitz when we launch in July. There will be traffic enough to start to generate revenue, which goes back in to fund the hard marketing campaign.

This sort of thing doesn't start off at 100% without a huge push with big money behind it. We're building steadily. The problem with trying to get it all in the bag up front is usually over-reaching and things falling apart before they get rolling. Steady forward movement is the model. Getting the money into the hands of the filmmaker at sale #1, without taking 50% off the top is the reason we wanted to do this. Without line-iteming away your profit like other distributors. Without binding your film to an exclusive contract, tying your hands and limiting views.

I hope yours works. We filmmakers need a place to get out films seen.
and better yet a place where people will PAY to watch films.

It doesn't work without the content!

Check us out on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/GuerillaCage?ref=profile

FAQs and sign-up on the site:

http://www.guerillacage.com

Getting the money into the hands of the filmmaker at sale #1, without taking 50% off the top is the reason we wanted to do this. Without line-iteming away your profit like other distributors.
In my experience distributors that take a fee use that money
to promote and advertise. I know many filmmakers see that
as a bad thing. I'm not one of them. I like to get paid for the
work I do – I like to see others get paid for the work they do.
It seems you are taking no money from the filmmakers to do
advertising and promotion.

I've looked at your current site. It's geared towards the filmmaker
- for clear and obvious reasons. I'm curious about the “who” and
“how”: who are the people who pay to watch independent films on
line and how will they find your site and my movie.

I respect what you're trying to do. I will be watching your launch. I
hope you can find people willing to pay to watch movies on line.

Back